• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Flying Dragon
  3. Any newer games similar to this?

User Info: Tim_Seraphim

Tim_Seraphim
10 years ago#1
As this was one of my favorite games for the Nintendo 64, as well as one of my all time favorites, I was hoping that the style of RPG-Fighting would have leaked over into other games. Would any body happen to know off hand if there are any fighting games with similar RPG-style elements?

User Info: JusticeZero

JusticeZero
10 years ago#2
In Street Fighter Alpha 3, characters leveled up in Tour mode depending on how well you fought. You could buy new skills for the different "isms" with the points you earned, and even use those upgraded characters in other modes of the game. Unfortunately, you only had so many character slots (a very small amount, actually), but it was fun.

Good game.
Signature? Don't I need a signature font for that? I don't get this! HELP!!!!!

User Info: MES_Seele

MES_Seele
10 years ago#3
The Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi series has the same sort of feel, despite the battle system being rooted in a behind the shoulder, 3D type style. You have a pretty generous number of items, many of which level up as you fight and gain exp (equivalent to Weapon and Armour slot items). Other items do not level, but instead give various bonuses (the same as accessory type items).

Budokai Tenkaichi 3 for both the Ps2 and Wii is the most recent in the series. I actually thought that the battle mechanics were lackluster in comparison with Flying Dragon's, though the mechanics are solid and interesting in their own way. (this preference is likely heavily biased however, I just have really fond memories of this game :)
"Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end.
It matters not who you are... Death awaits you." - Nyx Avatar
  1. Boards
  2. Flying Dragon
  3. Any newer games similar to this?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A