• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Flying Dragon
  3. About the "Acquiring the Unobtainable" topic

User Info: JusticeZero

JusticeZero
10 years ago#1
I'm not sure if MES_Seele realized this, but I came up with the codes in that topic like... pfft, I dunno, 7 years ago? A really long time ago.

http://www.gshi.org/?s=bsfree2&m=h&hid=2585&sys=18&gid=11374

This was back when I went by the name Justice Beloved. Those codes were originally posted on a website called GSC (Game Shark Central)... I think it was .org, but I can't really remember now. That site had MAJOR problems with its members, and they eventually destroyed each other and took the site along with it. I also had an account here at GameFAQs by the same name, but one day my account was magically deleted. I mean flat out deleted, not even a trace, no record of email or anything. It was very odd.

Anyway, I'm not saying you're stealing my codes... just wondering if you did in fact get those codes from my list, or if you actually came up with them yourself. When I did the codes, I was also able to crack the character medal pattern by viewing the game's memory. I only browsed your code list quickly, but you didn't seem to have anything about that. I also came up with a code to automatically set the Item Book to 100% Complete.

Just thought I'd let you all know of that resource, for those of you that want to screw around with those things.
Signature? Don't I need a signature font for that? I don't get this! HELP!!!!!

User Info: MES_Seele

MES_Seele
10 years ago#2
Wow... that is kind of humorous. I actually made codes of a similar nature for this game's sequel (SD Hiryu no Ken Densetsu) - that was my first attempt at 'hacking'. I basically did everything by trial and error. When attempting to find the method for unlocking several items legitimately, a method including a data swap between this and the aforementioned sequel became a likely possibility. There was a correlation between the legend items of the sequel and the same of the prequel. Unfortunately, since the Armour of Ryuutentaisei is basically considered unobtainable, I sought out a method to test the data swap theory.

I used the same method for obtaining the sequel's codes as I used for figuring out the item mod for this game. Since the slots were not dynamic, I simply sold every item and bought one back - this item took up the first slot. From there, the process was pretty much the same. As for the list of options, I just went down through the values until I realized it followed a pattern. I just extrapolated the rest (as well as adjusting the values multiple times for inconsistencies).

After browsing your codes, it seems that the only difference is that I used 8 bit rather than 16 bit modifiers. Off topic question, but is there a reason you chose the latter? I just figured that because only two 0's were changed, that 8 bit would suffice.

It is quite apparent that you are far more skilled than I. I attempted several other codes to no avail. But I assure you that the codes I posted are of my own making.
"Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end.
It matters not who you are... Death awaits you." - Nyx Avatar

User Info: JusticeZero

JusticeZero
10 years ago#3
Well, there are some things I found out that were pretty cool in there, but others were just trial and error as well. Mainly, the medal hacking makes me look really skilled. It was a Perfect Mind moment really - while viewing a certain area of the game's memory, certain numbers just stood out to me and I saw a pattern in them. I did a little bit of messing around and filled in some empty places with what I figured would be the correct values based on the rest of the pattern, and I was right. As for the Item Book... don't ask, I can't remember, but it wasn't anything cool.

I saw you mention in another thread that some items are unobtainable, and you mentioned a little bit about what their requirements are. Do you know for a fact what each item's requirement is? If you found something like that out, I'd think you're far more skilled than I am :)

As for the difference between 8-bit and 16-bit codes, I have no idea why I used 16-bit :P
Signature? Don't I need a signature font for that? I don't get this! HELP!!!!!
  1. Boards
  2. Flying Dragon
  3. About the "Acquiring the Unobtainable" topic
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A