• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy X
  3. Jecht would have felt like a right wally if (spoilers)
Maze_ 1 month ago#1
He or his sinspawn accidentally killed Auron and Tidus in the opening.

Then Dona would have completed the pilgrammage and Bartello would be the new sin.

Although maybe that's in the air since you save Dona from the Al Bhed so who knows how that butterfly effect would have played out if Tidus/Auron wasn't around.

Yuna probably would have been captured too either in Luca or on the Moonflow and ended up in Home regardless before Syemour "rescues" her tried to kill everyone in Home as per usual.

I guess it depends on how relevant you think Yuna's Guardians were to Cid escaping Home.
When the going gets tough, the tough go have a little cry in the corner.
"Your mustache is crooked" ~ R.I.P Randy Savage.
Trumble 1 month ago#2
You remember how things turned out in X-2 between the Guado and the Ronso?

I suspect that in this alternate timeline, we'd instead see tensions reach a similar level between the Al Bhed and the Guado. Except with far more disastrous results, because the Al Bhed have far more powerful weaponry than the Ronso.
You just lost the Trumble.
Maze_ 1 month ago#3
Trumble posted...
You remember how things turned out in X-2 between the Guado and the Ronso?

I suspect that in this alternate timeline, we'd instead see tensions reach a similar level between the Al Bhed and the Guado. Except with far more disastrous results, because the Al Bhed have far more powerful weaponry than the Ronso.
I'm not sure I agree.

Guado was kicking the s*** out if the Al Bhed in FFX.

They attacked Bevelle by surprise and still limped away. Imagine if the Guado flat out tried to attack the airship full force.

Sure a 13 year old with a gun can beat Mike Tyson in a fight but 150 teenage girls with guns can't beat 50,000 Mike Tysons and their parade of large big game violent animals.
Calmlander 1 month ago#4
Maze_ posted...
He or his sinspawn accidentally killed Auron and Tidus in the opening.

I have news for you...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuWkvyeAu0E
wpot 1 month ago#5
Calmlander posted...
I have news for you...
Not only that, but it's not actually clear if Tidus can "die" either. Maybe he'd just respawn. Or maybe he'd go the Auron route. So maybe it didn't matter!

Really, though, I only came to the topic because of the "right wally". There's some fun British slang I never hear. :)
Pronounced "Whup-pot". Say it. Use it.
Maze_ 1 month ago#6
wpot posted...
Not only that, but it's not actually clear if Tidus can "die" either. Maybe he'd just respawn. Or maybe he'd go the Auron route. So maybe it didn't matter!
Nah

It's pretty clear Zanarkand dudes die. Tidus mom died. We even saw her at the Farplane.

I mean you still get game over when Auron and Tidus die.
Calmlander 1 month ago#7
Tidus can die, dreams fade. But unsents can't die, we see Seymour coming back, again and again after he's beaten in battle, so Auron can't die either. The only way to truly defeat an unsent is with the Sending, or if they willingly want to leave.

If the party is defeated in a random encounter, I can imagine Auron pyreflying away and thinking "This weaklings will never defeat Yunalesca, I mean Sin... must find a stronger summoner, no time to waste, let's go!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuWkvyeAu0E
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy X
  3. Jecht would have felt like a right wally if (spoilers)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A