• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy X
  3. Best place to AP Grind after getting the Airship

User Info: ArdynCaelum

ArdynCaelum
10 years ago#1
Wanna do some stuff to my characters. Up for anything. Also, how would I get Trip AP on my Weapon/Accessory?
Best User and Most under-rated user of 313 2009 - Now to Tyranny
http://card.mygamercard.net/lastgame/RobUndertaker.png

User Info: chrislongden3

chrislongden3
10 years ago#2
Hmm. Omega Ruins maybe?

Triple AP is customised with 50 Wings to Discovery

You can get 30 easily by winning the Remiem Temple Chocobo Race with 3 chests open
Further ones can be bribed from Malboro or Great Malboro (Calm Lands and Omega Ruins respectively) but they aren't cheap.

I reccomend going to Omega Ruins, fighting near the save sphere for a while and beating up some Mimics to get lots of Gil. If you have a Gillionaire weapon this will be easier. Once you have like a million gil then you can probably get enough Wings from Malboros (Calm Lands) to add to the 30 from the chocobo race and customise this.

If you want to hardcore power-level then you'll want Triple Overdrive and Overdrive -> AP as well.

Triple Overdrive : Winning Formula X 30 (might be 50, not sure on this one)
-You can unlock 99 by catching one of every monster in spira for the arena
-Bribe from those giant worms on Bikanel. To get all 30 its probably about half a million gil IIRC

Overdrive -> AP : Door to Tomorrow X 10
-Unlock 99 by getting 6 Area Conquests in the arena (subset of "one of every monster in spira" above)
-Bribe from one of the Machina enemies. Can't remember which one. I don't think they are too expensive though.
'I preferly use schyte and max it'
- Syamri82

User Info: ArdynCaelum

ArdynCaelum
10 years ago#3
Thank you so much for that in depth explanation of how to get each thing. Much appreciated.
Best User and Most under-rated user of 313 2009 - Now to Tyranny
http://card.mygamercard.net/lastgame/RobUndertaker.png

User Info: Mikey_R

Mikey_R
10 years ago#4
One eye is better for getting triple ap weapons in that he drops weapons with the ability already on it. Since the other two abilities are easier to get, and the weapons have a chance to have 2 empty slots it makes it the perfect enemy to farm for ap weapons.

This does involve the monster arena and it would be a good idea to capture everything first. Since the arena is the best place to get ap it would be in your best interest to start capturing some monsters first.
http://s7.zetaboards.com/Burnin_Rubber/index/
Fan board for most racing games. Just updated for ease of use. Enjoy.

User Info: darktemplar20

darktemplar20
10 years ago#5
Gotta love the Don Tonberry trick in the Arena. Heh. 99 Sphere Levels in 2 minutes? Yes please.
http://steamcard.com/do/original/darktemplar20.png

chrislongden3
10 years ago#6
I just came across an area which might be of relevance to this topic.

After completing the Cactuar Sidequest for Rikku's Sigil, the "Cactuar Village" area is unlocked, and in there I encountered Cactuars in every battle, sometimes more than one (with a Zu as well) but the point is that with an overkill I was getting 25000AP in the 2*cactuar+zu battle. Triple AP this and its 75000. Add in some overdrive->AP stuff and you could be getting a hell of a lot of AP per battle here - I haven't used Overdrive->AP in over 3 years so I don't have a clue how much you can add with it if you use it well (with the right overdrive mode and triple overdrive) - someone else on this board will know this kind of thing.

I don't know if other encounters appear or not but the 6 battles I just fought down there all had at least one cactuar (which are 12000 on their own) so even if there are other encounters it's safe to say the rate for cactuars is fairly high.
- Syamri82

User Info: dark_warrior21

dark_warrior21
10 years ago#7
My suggestion would be going around everywhere and start capturing. Try for at least 5 of every enemy although the way I figure it is if you are gonna capture, might as well capture all 10. You will gain a lot of AP this way. When you unlock one-eye, kill it for the Triple AP weapons. Customize the other abilities on them(triple overdrive and overdrive to AP) , you will more than likely have the items needed to do so since you have captured everything anyway. Once that is done set Tidus (or any character that has a lot of kills) to Stoic and the other 2 characters to Comrade. Go fight Don Tonberry. Just attack with the Stoic character and revive said character with a phoenix down. You can Customize auto phoenix as well as Auto Haste to your characters to make this go faster. So attack, revive and repeat until Don Tonberry stops using the karma counter attack. Then flee and see your levels increase faster than you know what to do with. Also if you need spheres use a distil item on Kottos and bash his brains out. You will gain 20 spheres (40 for over kill) per fight.
http://www.gifbin.com/bin/25yu3420sw.gif
http://www.gifbin.com/bin/082010/1282046058_firedrill-fail.gif

chrislongden3
10 years ago#8
^That's all good for when you are strong enough to beat One-Eye and Kottos. In the meantime the cactuar method is good for someone who has just got the airship. I'm sure it's possible to kill One Eye and Kottos straight after getting the airship but that's quite an extreme in my opinion.
- Syamri82

User Info: HighOnPhazon

HighOnPhazon
10 years ago#9
I always start by capturing all the areas, do this and then go to Omega Ruins and slowly work your way through there. By the time you get to Omega, he will be a push over.

Subsequently, leveling in the Omega Ruins will most likely make you overpowered for the last bosses and you'll end up one-shotting them all, like I always end up doing.

One of these days I vow to beat this game without breaking damage limit.

User Info: HighOnPhazon

HighOnPhazon
10 years ago#10
To give you an idea of how powerful you can get, if you take the time to get Yuna's and Rikku's, and Auron's Celestial Weapons (the three easiest ones to obtain) Yuna's and Rikku's have double AP. Killing some of the monsters in the Omega Ruins gives 60,000 AP per kill with Double AP.

Rikku and Yuna finished their own grid, Yuna finished Lulu's and then Rikku's, and then Rikku finished Tidus' and Wakka's and started on Auron's in about 5 hours of leveling. I also amassed millions of gil with Gillionaire (on Rikku's weapon)

Auron doesn't get double AP but I had him finish his own grid, Tidus' and Wakka's. This allowed me to be powerful enough to kill some (not all) of the Monster creations, and utterly destroy to the point of absurdity the final storyline bosses.

Some of the Celestial weapons are a huge chore to get but they break this game pretty hard.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy X
  3. Best place to AP Grind after getting the Airship
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A