• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII
  3. Veteran players, do you even summon GF's anymore?

User Info: manmouse

manmouse
2 months ago#11
I used to summon them all the damn time. I even knew I didn’t always need them, but in 1999-2000 it was also simply awesome just to use abilities that were presented like that, felt like a huge deal.

But yeah nowadays I mostly just use them if I either need an emergency decoy to take a few punches for a character, or if it’s a status-based GF like Carbuncle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b18HMqJW5A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt1-XWiMveY

User Info: SSj4Wingzero

SSj4Wingzero
2 months ago#12
I usually summon them when fighting the early game bosses (Elvorlet, Ifrit). Grinding for AP before that is a waste because you don't have that many GFs yet. I don't usually grind for AP until after the Dollet mission. Get it all done in one shot, you know?

After you get Diablos then you can just learn Card Mod/Str-J/L-Mag RF/Time Mag-RF in one go and you're ready.
Not changing this sig until the Knicks win the NBA Championship! Started 4/23/2010!

User Info: loseless

loseless
2 months ago#13
Maybe early on. Doomtrain can helpful sometimes. But otherwise, no. Limit breaks are too broken and with enough speed, even regular attacks can wreck enemies easily enough without having to cast magic.

User Info: Kingx3

Kingx3
2 months ago#14
Nah,

Magic, Draw, Item all day every day.

User Info: Soraesteed

Soraesteed
2 months ago#15
I've only summoned GFs for Ifrit, the machine boss in the Dollet mission and once to see Eden
Check out my YouTube for various playthroughs: https://www.youtube.com/user/DarkSoraesteedKnight

User Info: Peter_19

Peter_19
2 months ago#16
No.
I feel that it is much more satisfying to figure out other good strategies instead.

I might summon Shiva a few times though, just because she is hot, lol.
I changed the signature again, trollolol.

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
1 month ago#17
Peter_19 posted...
No.
I feel that it is much more satisfying to figure out other good strategies instead.

Shiva's hot, but she does ice? ~ overly technical summoner diaries.

:p
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

Peter_19
1 month ago#18
Olld-Onne posted...
Peter_19 posted...
No.

Shiva's hot, but she does ice? ~ overly technical summoner diaries.

:p

She is hotter than Ifrit. =P

User Info: TheGuyNamedWolf

TheGuyNamedWolf
1 month ago#19
I'm surprised they didn't censor her in the Remaster, but censored Siren.

I guess because Shiva is wearing a plate of ice on her privates, while Siren it's literally just her blonde pubic hair.
I was wrong.

Peter_19
1 month ago#20
TheGuyNamedWolf posted...
I'm surprised they didn't censor her in the Remaster, but censored Siren.

I guess because Shiva is wearing a plate of ice on her privates, while Siren it's literally just her blonde pubic hair.

Shiva also appears less revealing thanks to her blue skin.
You don't normally think of a person as nude if (s)he is completely covered in blue, whereas Siren definitely has a more "natural" skin colour.
(edited 1 month ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII
  3. Veteran players, do you even summon GF's anymore?
  • Topic Closed