• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII
  3. Veteran players, do you even summon GF's anymore?

User Info: TheGuyNamedWolf

TheGuyNamedWolf
1 month ago#1
I remember when I was a kid and got this game, I'd use them a lot. After my first playthrough, I only used the really good ones like Cerberus, Cactuar, Doomtrain, Eden, and maybe Diablos if he was level 100.

Now I find that I don't use any of them besides maybe Doomtrain just for the Meltdown effect, and only since I usually don't have Magic junctioned otherwise I'd just use Meltdown instead.

Speaking of which, I also stopped using Magic after my first playthrough outside of maybe Aura, and never the option junctioned unless I knew I was going to use Aura, like against Ultimate and Omega Weapon or the final boss.
I was wrong.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: DevsBro

DevsBro
1 month ago#2
Not really. Maybe once apiece just to see the animation, because I do think they're cool.

I kinda like Carbunkle and Cerberus, but even those get like three or four uses. The game is just too easy to really need them.
53 LIII 0b110101
p16 0x35

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
1 month ago#3
Very occasionally. Once in a while when I'm doing my rather extensive pre-Fire Cavern ability grind.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: TheGuyNamedWolf

TheGuyNamedWolf
1 month ago#4
1Tekkaman posted...
Very occasionally. Once in a while when I'm doing my rather extensive pre-Fire Cavern ability grind.

I usually AP grind after that, since Ifrit has a lot of awesome skills, and might as well do 3 at once.

Speaking of which, I guess I do use Shiva once against Ifrit every playthrough, but only because it makes him s*** his pants.
I was wrong.

User Info: Seifer666

Seifer666
1 month ago#5
I only summom cerberus when required really.

Initial playthroughs I spammed GF's but I was a naive child lol.

User Info: sano83

sano83
1 month ago#6
Not since the first playthrough.
The only reason to do it is to see the animations.

I dont even have the GF command junctioned at any moment of the game.

I do, sometimes, use a Phoenix Pinion to summon Phoenix.
[Your hair is winter fire, January embers, My heart burns there too.]

User Info: geckodogma

geckodogma
1 month ago#7
Shiva for Fire Cavern and while grinding as Seifer (only for the 2x Anacondaur and only until Seifer is stronger)
Queza for X-ATM092 if I didn't grind with Seifer too much
Carbuncle/Cerberus for general utility
My channel with random game videos https://goo.gl/G7wg15

User Info: castrejon04

castrejon04
1 month ago#8
In a low level game, I do it on bosses.
"Don't let it end like this...Tell them I said something." Pancho Villa

User Info: Ilishe

Ilishe
1 month ago#9
Nah.

They could come in handy to tank a few attacks from Omega if you're playing without making yourself invincible.
~Phoenix Nine~
~Victory needs no explanation; defeat allows none.~

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
1 month ago#10
Sure, it fairer on the enemies lol.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII
  3. Veteran players, do you even summon GF's anymore?
  • Topic Closed