• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII
  3. Chocobo Forests Worth Doing At All?

User Info: yunafires

yunafires
6 days ago#1
Just now got the mobile Garden. I'm following the old school guidebook on my Kindle for side quests & secrets. I acquired Odin & Tonberry then went to the Chocobo forest nearby.

'Oh this'll be relaxing after that agonizing hour long button mash chore that was King Tonberry' I thought. But nope. It's just annoying. The kid got me a bird, I got the trophy, and... Yay? I didn't see any reason to have one to ride.

Only reason I see this quest being worthwhile is more cards for Triple Triad (I think the Chicobo one needs traded into the Queen to become something else? Idk) but I could be wrong.

User Info: sano83

sano83
6 days ago#2
Nope, you are not wrong, the Chocobo card is the only thing worth out it, and it is needed to complete the Queen of Cards.
But then again, it takes like half an hour to do all the forest.
[Your hair is winter fire, January embers, My heart burns there too.]

User Info: omgseal

omgseal
6 days ago#3
yunafires posted...
Just now got the mobile Garden. I'm following the old school guidebook on my Kindle for side quests & secrets. I acquired Odin & Tonberry then went to the Chocobo forest nearby.

'Oh this'll be relaxing after that agonizing hour long button mash chore that was King Tonberry' I thought. But nope. It's just annoying. The kid got me a bird, I got the trophy, and... Yay? I didn't see any reason to have one to ride.

Only reason I see this quest being worthwhile is more cards for Triple Triad (I think the Chicobo one needs traded into the Queen to become something else? Idk) but I could be wrong.

yes. you get a card for triple triad thats also needed for the queen.
"Dost thou love me? But thou must!"
You don’t have to do queens quest, can get her cards on disc 4 if you do cc group quest which is much easier IMO.

User Info: Gunbladelad

Gunbladelad
6 days ago#5
Of course, you would have the satisfaction of being able to say you've completed the chocobo forests properly if you finish them all.

Let's not forget that after time compression a chocobo will let you get back to the Ragnarok a lot faster.
R.I.P. Throwback Mode - 23rd April 2014
Scottish Gamers unite - https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1374-scotland
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII
  3. Chocobo Forests Worth Doing At All?
  • Post New Message