1 month ago #6
DMAN2501 posted...
Also, for what its worth, squall was written vastly different in the japanese version. He's kind of a classic hero character in the game actually. If you ever played kingdom hearts or dissidea he based off his japanese personallity in those title.

All of his famous "..........." lines are actually full dialoge boxes in the original.

I haven't really played the Japanese version, although I can read Japanese, and my impression of his "Japanese personality" from YouTube videos is that he seems a bit less cold there, even if he of course isn't exactly super-social there either.

As for Squall's American personality, that one is pretty interesting.
It could come off as some form of social anxiety, but I am not sure if that's what it is either.
The game seems to imply that he is mostly scared of personal connections, and has decided to keep everyone at a distance.

Squall also seems to have a great need for a lot of private time and seems to be constantly deep in thought, which indicates that he is probably quite introverted as well.
I changed the signature again, trollolol.

Previous Versions
1 month ago
DMAN2501 posted...
Also, for what its worth, squall was written vastly different in the japanese version. He's kind of a classic hero character in the game actually. If you ever played kingdom hearts or dissidea he based off his japanese personallity in those title.

All of his famous "..........." lines are actually full dialoge boxes in the original.

I haven't really played the Japanese version, although I can read Japanese, and my impression of his "Japanese personality" from YouTube videos is that he seems a bit less cold there, even if he of course isn't exactly super-social there either.

As for Squall's American personality, that one is pretty interesting.
It could come off as some form of social anxiety, but I am not sure if that's what it is either.
The game seems to imply that he is mostly scared of personal connections, and has decided to keep everyone at a distance.