• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII
  3. RNG Manipulation to abolish rules (remastered)

User Info: Attilus1352

Attilus1352
1 month ago#81
Attilus1352 posted...
This is for people who waited until getting the Ragnarok to start abolishing the rules.

Following the newest videos on how to abolish rules in Dollet and FH works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6WcoUCh_fk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSPOBfhGu-M

Following this video lets you deal with Trabia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUd5CHeqZrk

Used the Above guide (from Geckodogma) on this page to abolish Elemental, Random, Plus, and Same (26 times) from Lunar Base

This is where I am currently:

Balamb -Open
Galbadia -Open, Same
Dollet-Open
FH -Open
Trabia- Open
Centra -Open / Random / Same/Plus
Esthar-Open / Elemental
Lunar-Open / Sudden Death

Not really sure at this point where to proceed, but I will let you know if I find anything.

OK, update (since I can no longer edit my message)

For Centra, I had open as a new rule there. If you do not yet have open there, skip to the video. If you do have open there, just grab Esthars rules (if you still have open,elemental, and same wall) and save and do a hard reset near Edeas House. Then load up and check the Curaga draw point on the left screen 17 times. Then play Edea and say yes, then quit. This abolished the open rule (this did for me, not sure if it works all the time). Now refer to this video to Abolish Centras rules, going back and forth between Balamb town and Edeas house. Your final move should be to re-apply the open rule in Centra.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHX7gCyR8DU

Now my update looks like this:

Balamb -Open
Galbadia -Open, Same
Dollet-Open
FH -Open
Trabia- Open
Centra -Open
Esthar-Open / Elemental/ same wall (hidden)
Lunar-Open / Sudden Death

It should not be too hard to eliminate the remaining ones. The important thing is the more annoying ones are gone.

One more thing, this update may end up on page 9 of this thread. Geckodogma's Lunar Rules strategy is on page 8 of this thread.

User Info: Klownboy

Klownboy
1 month ago#82
Next up: abolish Lunar rules before flying to space.
Spread Open to Esthar first.

Abolish Elemental from Lunar (before flying to space)
NPC: guard on the right, in front of Lunar gate
Queen is not in Lunar
Save just outside Tears Point
Carrying Esthar's rules: Open, Elemental, Same Wall (hidden)
Lunar has all rules.
Reset, load save, move into Tears Point.
Check/refuse Life draw point 9 times (this draw point must not be empty). Go back to the world map and head to Lunar gate. Challenge the npc until he accepts (he refuses the first 3 challenges), accept, then quit game. Elemental has been abolished.

Abolish Random from Lunar (before flying to space)
Queen is not in Lunar
Lunar has all rules except Elemental
Check/refuse Life draw point 8 times (this draw point must not be empty). Go back to the world map and head to Lunar gate. Challenge the npc until he accepts (he refuses the first 3 challenges), accept, then quit game. Random has been abolished.

Abolish Plus from Lunar (before flying to space)
Queen is not in Lunar
Lunar's current rules: Open, Sudden Death, Same, Plus, Same Wall
Check/refuse Life draw point 16 times (this draw point must not be empty). Go back to the world map and head to Lunar gate. Challenge the npc until he accepts (he refuses the first 3 challenges), accept, then quit game. Plus has been abolished.

I didn't bother abolishing more rules, but for Same, it should be 26 times of checking the draw point. Give it a try and let me know.

for anyone trying to do this AFTER going to space, you can use the Draw point (stop) at the sorceress memorial.

as a side note, It also seems that, that draw point can be used to replace the old method of using the Dollet magazine stack then soft resetting to load your save.

for instance the old way for abolishing Elemental was:
Conditions: None
- Hardreset
- Load save close to Dollet's magazine stack
- use magazine stack once
- Softreset, load save where you want to abolish the rule
- Challenge, select no for a total of 1 times
- Challenge, select yes, Quit without playing
Elemental should be abolished.

for the remaster, the steps would be:
-Save outside of Sorceress Memorial
-Hardreset
-Load save
-Use but refuse the draw from the Sorceress Memorial once (use/Refuse the amount of times it says to use the magazine stack)
-fly to region you want to abolish rule
-challenge, select no for a total of 1 times
-Challenge , Select yes, Quit without playing
Elemental should be abolished

the only trick would be to make sure there isn't anything effecting the RNG when you enter the region you want to abolish a rule from.

so for example dollet, instead of challenging the person in the Dollet pub, you would challenge the girl you rent a car from, because on your way to the pub there will be moving NPC's that will effect the RNG.

just something I noticed when going around trying to abolish all the rules from every region.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: geckodogma

geckodogma
1 month ago#83
Klownboy posted...
for anyone trying to do this AFTER going to space
Does the sorceress memorial use up RNG? I suggested Tomb of the Unknown King (draw point and save point on the first screen), as that one doesn't seem to use RNG.

Klownboy posted...
so for example dollet
Well, if you want to change Dollet's rules, might as well use the Dollet pub save point and magazine stacks!
My channel with random game videos https://goo.gl/G7wg15

User Info: meormaru

meormaru
1 month ago#84
Hi everyone. Going crazy now hahahah.

Galbadia Open, same
FH Open
BalambOpen
Dollet Open,Elemental
Centra Open
Trabia Open
Esthar Open, Elemental
Lunar Open, Elemental,Same, Same Wall, Plus, Sudden Death

Queen is at Dollet

So this is my situation. Using Esthar rules, the people at the lunar gate wont ask to mix rule (for obvious reason)
Now, is there a way for me to abolish rules in Lunar? (after space)
Is there a way I can get random rule somewhere so I can combine it with Lunar's current rule
(edited 1 month ago)

geckodogma
4 weeks ago#85
@ADW posted...
are there any other alternatives to removing Same from the Centra region in Winhill? Your list has using Dollet rules with Open and Elemental. I had already cleared Dollet to just Open in my game, so I tried using FH in my game that had Open and Sudden Death. Your methods still worked. It was fine for abolishing Random and Plus, but I’m hung up on getting of the last one. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I’m not great with screen transitions, couldn’t get a good rhythm for Rosetta Stones in the prison so I just moved on. Hopefully there’s another alternative. I think I’ll manage anyway even if there’s not anything else.
You could try using Plus if you still have it from Trabia.

User Info: Montie2k

Montie2k
4 weeks ago#86
meormaru posted...
Is there a way I can get random rule somewhere so I can combine it with Lunar's current rule

Send the Queen of Cards to Balamb and then pay her for as many new rules as necessary until she adds Random to Balamb. (Rules can subsequently be easily removed from Balamb by challenging the Student Skipping Class.)
So are we so different? Of course, we are, and you will be even more different if I ever finish my homemade flame thrower.
-Jack Handey

User Info: Klownboy

Klownboy
4 weeks ago#87
geckodogma posted...
Klownboy posted...
for anyone trying to do this AFTER going to space
Does the sorceress memorial use up RNG? I suggested Tomb of the Unknown King (draw point and save point on the first screen), as that one doesn't seem to use RNG.

I'm pretty confident it doesn't, I used that draw point for a lot of my Rule abolishing.

it also seems like you can use the save point right outside of Caraway's mansion (in deling city), use the draw points in the sewers, then go challenge caraway, to abolish Galbadia Rules (I've tested this several times abolishing same from galbadia. the rotating wheels in the sewers don't seem to use RNG even tested by hanging out running around in the sewers both before and after checking draw point). Probably only really useful, if you no longer have access to G-garden.

Klownboy posted...
so for example dollet
Well, if you want to change Dollet's rules, might as well use the Dollet pub save point and magazine stacks!

okay, guess Dollet was a bad example there xD
(edited 4 weeks ago)

geckodogma
4 weeks ago#88
Klownboy posted...
it also seems like you can use the save point right outside of Caraway's mansion (in deling city), use the draw points in the sewers, then go challenge caraway, to abolish Galbadia Rules (I've tested this several times abolishing same from galbadia. the rotating wheels in the sewers don't seem to use RNG even tested by hanging out running around in the sewers both before and after checking draw point). Probably only really useful, if you no longer have access to G-garden.
When it comes to Galbadia, I usually leave (Open, Same) there until the very end, where I abolish Same with Balamb's Plus, then clear Balamb's rules. So I just use Timber's card player (first screen) and Tomb of the Unknown King draw point.
aladore384 posted...
Anyone tried to soft reset the old fashion way?

It used to be L1+R1+L2+R2+START+SELECT, but now what if you press OPTIONS instead of START and the TOUCHPAD instead of SELECT?

Or Ctrl+R on PC?

Is it confirmed that it doesn't work?

I don't own the Remaster, but thought I'd give my 2 cents.

it...probably DOES work, but the ds4 doesn't have a select button so...

given how little SE really did here I can't imagine they removed it, they probably just forgot about it.

geckodogma
4 weeks ago#90
Select button is the touchpad, it's the button you use to open the map/boost GF.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII
  3. RNG Manipulation to abolish rules (remastered)
  • Post New Message