• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII
  3. Card Rule Manipulation and no Soft Reset

User Info: Teleute_

Teleute_
1 month ago#1
Anyone here whos familiar with Fortegsomegas card rule manipulation guide knows that soft resetting the game is one of the most important aspects of the procedure

Now that the remaster doesn't have it. Does anyone know how to accomplish total card rule abolishon / spreading without it?
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Denizen_Of_Dark

Denizen_Of_Dark
1 month ago#2
Been a while since i bothered wit all that but do u NEED soft reset? If do does steam hav soft reset? Coulda sworn i spread some rules on steam
Official GRAVITY of gamefaqs Dark Souls boards.
I believe I, too, have pooped your pants --- R1 Masher

User Info: geckodogma

geckodogma
1 month ago#3
To move Queen from Balamb to Dollet:
Hard reset (or use Exit), load save in Balamb hotel. For reference, the Queen's personal rule is currently "Diff". Go to the area with the junk shop and Thunder draw point. This draw point must not be empty. Check and refuse draw 8 times. Move on to the Queen and challenge her. She will use "One" trade rule. Lose a rare card, and she will move to Dollet.

I will experiment later with rule abolish/spread.
My channel with random game videos https://goo.gl/G7wg15
(edited 1 month ago)

Teleute_
1 month ago#4
geckodogma posted...
To move Queen from Balamb to Dollet:
Hard reset (or use Exit), load save in Balamb hotel. For reference, the Queen's personal rule is currently "Diff". Go to the area with the junk shop and Thunder draw point. This draw point must not be empty. Check and refuse draw 8 times. Move on to the Queen and challenge her. She will use "One" trade rule. Lose a rare card, and she will move to Dollet.

I will experiment later with rule abolish/spread.

Thanks man you're doing gods work.

Maybe the return to title screen can also serve as soft reset

User Info: geckodogma

geckodogma
1 month ago#5
Which "return to title screen"?

I only see "Exit" from the menu, which works as a hard reset.
My channel with random game videos https://goo.gl/G7wg15

User Info: serpiente1989

serpiente1989
1 month ago#6
Absolute steve's guide here on gamefaqs explains how to abolish rules WITHOUT soft reset, i've just check it, he abolished random in dollet just like you did.
The guide has 10 years by the way.

Teleute_
1 month ago#7
serpiente1989 posted...
Absolute steve's guide here on gamefaqs explains how to abolish rules WITHOUT soft reset, i've just check it, he abolished random in dollet just like you did.
The guide has 10 years by the way.

That section is pointless because it still relies on RNG i.e keep repeating until you get desired result

The point of the soft reset is the exact opposite of that
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII
  3. Card Rule Manipulation and no Soft Reset
  • Post New Message