• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII
  3. Diablos is pissing me off.

User Info: Kisai

Kisai
2 weeks ago#1
If you're trying to get 100 Gravity for everyone from him, AND have a file with 0 KOs, this is almost impossible with him. Yes, I know you can blind him to mitigate the chances of successfully hitting with a physical attack and KOing a party member, but 40% chance or whatever is still too high. And I know about the trick where using a stocked Gravity on him causes him to counter with Curaga on the attacker, but it doesn't matter because after the whole party does this, he practically seems coded to use Gravija afterwards, negating the whole healing process.
WHO MODS THE MODERATORS?

User Info: sano83

sano83
2 weeks ago#2
Demi is not a good spell to have, and you can have a lot by playing cards anyways.
Gesper card can be refined into a black hole, wich can be refined into 30 Demis.
Gesper card is a low level card that it is used fairly often.

I think that it is even one of the first cards you get.

Anyways, junction Meltdown or protect in Vit, cast protect, he can be hit with slow as well (but it is hard to make it stick.)
[Its devolution, Baby.]

User Info: Gunbladelad

Gunbladelad
1 week ago#3
I've never bothered getting Demi by drawing from Diablos - it's far better to refine them from cards (and you'll be able to get a LOT of cards for them quickly enough)
R.I.P. Throwback Mode - 23rd April 2014
Scottish Gamers unite - https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1374-scotland

User Info: MisterPengy

MisterPengy
1 week ago#4
sano83 posted...

Anyways, junction Meltdown or protect in Vit

Where do you get Meltdown that early?
Bosses are immune to the eat command so it won't be possible to end the final boss fight of the game by eating it.
-VeghEsther

User Info: geckodogma

geckodogma
1 week ago#5
MisterPengy posted...
sano83 posted...

You can't. You need ST-Mag RF (from Diablos) to refine the item from Gayla's card mod into Meltdown.
My channel with random game videos https://goo.gl/G7wg15

User Info: DevsBro

DevsBro
1 week ago#6
MisterPengy posted...
sano83 posted...

I mean, you can use the magic lamp pretty much at any point, right?

I dunno why you'd wait that late though.
53 LIII 0b110101
p16 0x35
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: castrejon04

castrejon04
1 week ago#7
This is the first time hearing someone attempting to get 100 demis from Diablos. TC don't bother, get them from cards instead. Hell don't even bother with that either, it's not a good spell anyway.
"Don't let it end like this...Tell them I said something." Pancho Villa

User Info: sano83

sano83
1 week ago#8
geckodogma posted...
MisterPengy posted...
sano83 posted...

You can't. You need ST-Mag RF (from Diablos) to refine the item from Gayla's card mod into Meltdown.

Lvl 30 bombs have meltdown to draw. So, you can.
[Your hair is winter, fire january embers,
my heart burns there too.]

User Info: FutaiNoKiwami

FutaiNoKiwami
1 week ago#9
To everyone saying Demi sucks, it only sucks in battle, but in early game it is a fairly good junction spell if you don't want to spend a lot of time trying to get a lot of high end spells for junctioning.
PSN:KaminaSoul
3DS FC:4528-2714-8128

User Info: phiefer3

phiefer3
1 week ago#10
FutaiNoKiwami posted...
To everyone saying Demi sucks, it only sucks in battle, but in early game it is a fairly good junction spell if you don't want to spend a lot of time trying to get a lot of high end spells for junctioning.

There are better options that are just as easily obtained though.

Off the top of my head, my general list of early-game junctions are:
HP: Quake (armadodo cards)
Str: Tornado (abyss worm cards)
Vit: Regen (mesmerize cards)
Mag: Death (tonberry cards)
Spr: Curaga (tents)

With the added note that modding the Quistis card gets you 180 Triples which lets you give 2 people a VERY good junction (usually I put it on the 2 characters with Str-J early on, moving their Tornados to HP, and Quake to Mag)

You can leave off the Triples if you really don't want to mod rare cards so early, as well as skip slots that you don't have enough junction abilities to spread around.

Only real use for early-game Demis is to safely card if trying to avoid exp.

(I'm aware that meltdown and pain are also available, as are flare and holy, but in terms of bang for your time investment I think the above are best until better sources of spells are available).
http://www.geekologie.com/2008/08/25/ninja.jpg
Everytime you see him, the phiefer's just so hype. He's dope on the board and he's magic on the mic. ~fidormula
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII
  3. Diablos is pissing me off.
  • Post New Message