• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII
  3. Chocobo Forest Side-Quest without activating PocketStation save slot (Spoilers)

User Info: RenFern

RenFern
2 months ago#1
Is Chocobo Forest Side-Quest is one of the very hard to solve puzzle in Final Fantasy 8? - Results (14 votes)
Yes it is. I search for videos and Faqs to solve this.
92.86% (13 votes)
No, is a piece of cake.
7.14% (1 vote)
This poll is now closed.
Yes it is one of the very hard puzzle in Final Fantasy 8. You can finish this side-quest without activating the pocketstation save slot for Chocobo's World.

Chocobo Forest Side-Quest without activating PocketStation save slot (Spoilers)

Step 1. Successfully solve all 6 Chocobo's Forest puzzle and finding all treasure items without riding a Chocobo. This quest can be done on Disc 2 while riding Balamb Garden or on Disc 3 while riding Ragnarok Airship.

Note: Never ride a Chocobo in any 6 Chocobo's Forest so that pocketstation save slot will not be activated on save menu.

Step 2. Ignore the last 7 Chocobo Sanctuary Forest on Disc 2 and Disc 3.
Just continue the Final Fantasy 8 Main Story until you reach Disc 4.

Step 3. On Disc 4, before you enter Ultimecia's Castle, on a huge chain bridge, enter the last 3 gateway door. (The door nearest to Ultimecia's Castle)
Squall will be in Esthar - Grandidi Forest World Map.

Step 4. Now just explore the area and enter the Chocobo's Sanctuary. Inside, talk to Chocoboy. A dancing Chocobo scenario will occur here. Then talk to chicobo Boco to receive Chicobo Card. Talk to Boco again to receive Gysahi Green items. Then exit and immediately return back to Chocobo's Sanctuary. Squall will find the Chocobo here. This time and finally you can ride the Chocobo.

Step 5. Explore the area while riding the Chocobo. Your destination will be Kashkabald Desert (southern part of Esthar). Once you found the Ragnarok Airship in Kashkabald Desert, dismount from Chocobo and save the game. Notice the pocketstation save slot is not activated on save menu. Enter the Gate Doorway near the Ragnarok Airship to return to Ultimecia's Castle to continue the Final Fantasy 8 Main Story.

Note: Chocobo Forest side-quest is different from Chocobo World side-quest. I never play Chocobo World side-quest because of pocketstation requirements but still everyone can finish the Final Fantasy VIII game on PlayStation One version.
Always Pray. Give Thanks to LORD GOD. Keep Cool. Stay Focus. Be Alert. Be Yourself. God Bless.
My Nickname RenFern and Renzdol are One and The Same Person.

User Info: jerky_666

jerky_666
2 months ago#2
"Is Chocobo Forest Side-Quest is one of the very hard to solve puzzle in Final Fantasy 8?"

I'm going to look up my old 8th grade English teacher and tell her to diagram this sentence so I can watch her head f***ing explode.

User Info: sano83

sano83
2 months ago#3
The forests are annoying, and without the possibility of checking online where I am suppsed to use the items, it would be hard.

For the other thing:
You can wait for a sale in Steam and get the game for cheap, with the possibility of using mods, and it comes with the Chocobo World side quest
[Its devolution, Baby.]
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII
  3. Chocobo Forest Side-Quest without activating PocketStation save slot (Spoilers)
  • Topic Archived