• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII
  3. FFVIII Remastered gets its ESRB rating...

User Info: SeeDStephen

SeeDStephen
3 months ago#1
https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2019/07/16/final-fantasy-8-remastered-esrb-rating-revealed/

It is suggested that since it has a rating now, the release is imminent
Gonna be a daddy in August...

User Info: Sw1ft_Blad3

Sw1ft_Blad3
2 months ago#2
I heard it's supposed to be at the end of the year in time for Christmas.
The Bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my Wings to make me tame.

User Info: SSj4Wingzero

SSj4Wingzero
2 months ago#3
Hm. I guess I'll wait to see how it actually looks.

The trailers, to me, were rather underwhelming. It didn't really look that much better than some of the mods that you can download for the Steam PC version, to be honest. Maybe I just don't have an eye for this stuff, but I wasn't particularly impressed by the trailer. Maybe the actual in-game experience will be different.

Then again, given Square-Enix's track record in recent years, who knows?
Not changing this sig until the Knicks win the NBA Championship! Started...4/23/2011? Or was it 2010?

User Info: SeeDStephen

SeeDStephen
2 months ago#4
SSj4Wingzero posted...
Hm. I guess I'll wait to see how it actually looks.

The trailers, to me, were rather underwhelming. It didn't really look that much better than some of the mods that you can download for the Steam PC version, to be honest. Maybe I just don't have an eye for this stuff, but I wasn't particularly impressed by the trailer. Maybe the actual in-game experience will be different.

Then again, given Square-Enix's track record in recent years, who knows?

For what its worth, I didn't see FFIX on the PS4 coming and I was very impressed with how it looks on that

I think further down the line, there will gradually modify the UI for FFVIII if its not looking impressive, but at the end of the day, Square Enix have responded to the outcry of FFVIII's absence from last year announcement regarding VII, IX and the rest on the Switch and Xbox One, they ahave finally given in to the fans
Gonna be a daddy in August...

User Info: SSj4Wingzero

SSj4Wingzero
2 months ago#5
I mean, I do think it's nice that they did. But SE has been kind of off on some things lately. The FFV and FFVI steam releases were just...urgh. The GBA rereleases were far superior
Not changing this sig until the Knicks win the NBA Championship! Started...4/23/2011? Or was it 2010?

User Info: Tanthalas

Tanthalas
2 months ago#6
SeeDStephen posted...
For what its worth, I didn't see FFIX on the PS4 coming and I was very impressed with how it looks on that

The characters looked good, but the pre-rendered backgrounds looked like crap (just as with FFVII on the PS4). That segment at the beginning of the game with a blend of FMV mixed in was particularly ugly.

I really hope they actually put in some work improving the backgrounds.
Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII
  3. FFVIII Remastered gets its ESRB rating...
  • Topic Archived