• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII
  3. Played FF8 (currently playing FF2). A disclaimer about the game so far...

User Info: aspilanti84

aspilanti84
5 years ago#1
Stop saying this game (along with others) is "broken" when what you really mean "I'm not used to this system". The term "broken" does not mean "I wanted/wish/would have like if the system were something else", nor does it mean " I don't like it".

*Broken* means something does not work objectively, not that "it doesn't work for me and my sensibilities/taste". If every time your character attacked, and the weapon moved, hit the enemy and nothing happened to its hit points, then it would be considered *broken*. That's what the term "broken" means. But it's not broken. It works. Squaresoft had some very professional debuggers to fix many of the problems that arose in production.

"It's broken" is not something you say when you are displeased at how something turned out. Use words correctly.

User Info: Jiyuu Falcon

Jiyuu Falcon
5 years ago#2
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GameBreaker

With that in mind, "broken" clearly applies to this game, what with its numerous examples of the above.

In other words, learn word definitions before playing grammar police.

User Info: PhoenixNine

PhoenixNine
5 years ago#3
In gamer jargon, broken has come to mean "overpowered".

When you can become invincible, use Limit breaks at will, take 0 damage (or heal from it), be immune to statuses, have max HP on level 8, do 9999 damage per hit with anything you do and s*** like that - that's objectively broken.

A game is not supposed be this easy on its only difficulty setting.
~Victory needs no explanation; defeat allows none.~

User Info: Shotgunnova

Shotgunnova
5 years ago#4
Jiyuu Falcon posted...
learn word definitions before playing grammar police.
Take me down from the ridge where the summer ends
And watch the city spread out just like a jet's flame

User Info: MC_BatCommander

MC_BatCommander
5 years ago#5
mfw someone gets on their high horse over something stupid that they're wrong about
The Legend is True!

User Info: Panthera

Panthera
5 years ago#6
Well this topic didn't proceed as the TC intended
We clasped our hands, our hands in praise of a conquerors right to tyranny

User Info: Forced_Fruition

Forced_Fruition
5 years ago#7
aspilanti84 posted...
Squaresoft had some very professional debuggers to fix many of the problems that arose in production

HA
I just thought of something incredible, Wouldn't we be extremly cute if I got on top of you? Goto to Pepperoni - Mana Khemia 2

User Info: BSBladeSwordman

BSBladeSwordman
5 years ago#8
User Nameaspilanti84
User ID7259883
Board User Level15: New User
Awarded to users with at least 3 Karma. Can create 10 topics, 75 messages per day. Can now view own posting history.
Account CreatedSaturday, May 30, 2015 9:28 AM
Last VisitThursday, June 18, 2015 5:02 PM
Karma5
Active Messages Posted7

Looks like a sock puppet account to me.
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive! I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!" - Gene Hackman, The Royal Tenenbaums

User Info: Jiyuu Falcon

Jiyuu Falcon
5 years ago#9
I've been quoted by two different mods in two consecutive days. It's... a strange yet wonderful feeling.

User Info: ferdk16

ferdk16
5 years ago#10
top kek
Latest Cover: Apoplexy (Final Fantasy Tactics)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIrP5mJIGBM
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII
  3. Played FF8 (currently playing FF2). A disclaimer about the game so far...
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A