The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII
  3. Missile Base/Balamb Garden*possible spoilers*

User Info: marthogly

marthogly
8 years ago#1
Which characters should I put on Selphie's team and which to Squall's team to get the best possible scenes/interactions?
I need a PS3 ASAP

User Info: Darkefka

Darkefka
8 years ago#2
IIRC Rinoa has a special scene if you send her with Selphie but I can be wrong...and AFAIK it's the only one...

User Info: Vilurum

Vilurum
8 years ago#3
The main differing reactions are Rinoa's, depending on which group she's with. You do get more scenes with her if you send her with Squall, but if you've ever done that before then it's well worth sending her with Selphie instead to see her reaction at the missile base and when reunited in FH.

Also, if you *do* send Rinoa with Selphie, then send Quistis and Irvine with Squall (so Zell is also going with Selphie). The priority of people waking up Squall with a short conversation just before bumping into FH is Rinoa > Zell > Quistis, and I personally found that little scene with Quistis to be really quite nice. (The Zell scene is pretty boring.)
- Vilurum Xaren, leader of the happy turtles, and knowitall.
... And if you can't spell "Vilurum", call me "Vil". :)

User Info: VeghEsther

VeghEsther
8 years ago#4
However battle wise I'd rather have Zell and Quistis go to Balamb Garden taking Zell to Balamb Garden gives you a free Mega Phoenix and Degenerator will instant kill the 2 Oilboyle boss at the end of the MD level area.

User Info: phiefer3

phiefer3
8 years ago#5
It's also worth noting that if you're emulating the game in any way (playing on a ps2, ps3, psp, computer, basically anything but an actual ps1), then there's an additional reason to send Rinoa to the missile base. When emulated the game will sometimes (or is it often? I don't remember) experience a bug when playing the extra FMV with Rinoa on the balcony and trap you out there and forcing you to reset.

You can still get through that part, but it can take a few resets try and prevent the bug from occurring. If you do experience this bug, the general tips to avoid it is as soon as the first FMV starts to run away from the door to the edge of the balcony and then do not move at all until the extra FMV ends and the music returns to normal.
http://www.geekologie.com/2008/08/25/ninja.jpg
Everytime you see him, the phiefer's just so hype. He's dope on the board and he's magic on the mic. ~fidormula

User Info: Coredo

Coredo
8 years ago#6
Emulators have nothing to do with that glitch, happened to me on a console plenty of times.
404 - Life not found

User Info: Vilurum

Vilurum
8 years ago#7
(playing on a ps2, ps3, psp, computer, basically anything but an actual ps1)

It's happened to me on a console plenty of times too. Console in question happened to be a PS2 in my case. Which emulates a PS1. So if by console you mean a non-PS1 console, then I would suggest more careful reading skills in future: phiefer covered specific examples, most of which were *not* a computer, which I quoted and emphasized above.

Now if you mean it's happened to you plenty of times on a PS1 specifically, that'd be different. (And instead of improving reading skills I'd suggest improving clarity skills, since "console" doesn't make a PS1 vs. not-PS1 distinction in this case.)

This would also be pretty surprising to me, because in all my personal experiences *and* in all my occasions talking about this glitch, I can't recall a single occasion of myself or someone else encountering this on a PS1.
- Vilurum Xaren, leader of the happy turtles, and knowitall.
... And if you can't spell "Vilurum", call me "Vil". :)

User Info: marthogly

marthogly
8 years ago#8
Actually,last time I put Zell and Rinoa on my team,because I thought that there might be some interaction between Irvine and Selphie at the base(nothing happened IIRC),between Squall and Rinoa in the garden(there are some minor scenes) and between Zell and that girl in the library(there were,and I got a mega-phoenix!).I play this on a non-PS1 system but I didn't experience any problems with that particular FMV.
I need a PS3 ASAP
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII
  3. Missile Base/Balamb Garden*possible spoilers*
  • Topic Archived