• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII
  3. The Junction system is horrible.

User Info: JangoWuzHere

JangoWuzHere
12 years ago#1

This is the worst system I have ever seen in a JRPG. Its majorly complex and makes no sense as far as I know. The worst part is having to constantly draw magic just to build up your stats at the start of the game. I mean its a good idea but just terribly executed. I mean this game would be pretty good if it did not have this terrible system. I also hate the fact that you are givin about 5 tutorials on the junction system which is insanely overwhelming to new players.

I hate this system. this game would be better then FF7 if it weren't for this god awful system.

Anyone else agree?

User Info: FATA05

FATA05
12 years ago#2
press O during a tutorial to skip it.

i loved the system, it's terribly simple once you learn what it is, and card mod makes drawing a bit of a worthless task, and you get it almost right away.

i have no complaints with this part of the game.
Rep. the 740 and the 614

User Info: Anardil

Anardil
12 years ago#3
This is the worst system I have ever seen in a JRPG.

ok

Its majorly complex and makes no sense as far as I know.

junction a spell to a stat. the more of the spell the bigger the increase. the more related (more or less) the spell is to the stat the bigger the increase. (meltdown-vitality, haste-speed, reflect-spirit, etc)

The worst part is having to constantly draw magic just to build up your stats at the start of the game.

this is not required. there are simple quick and easy ways to get enough spells to blitz the game. you do not need every spell. you do not need the best spells. you do not need a spell just because the game offers you the option to draw it.

I mean its a good idea but just terribly executed.

it is executed fine.

I mean this game would be pretty good if it did not have this terrible system.

ok

I also hate the fact that you are givin about 5 tutorials on the junction system which is insanely overwhelming to new players.

i had no problems with it as a new player. it is not complex at all.
I shall hew my retribution from your flesh. - Romeo Guildenstern

User Info: NameonaScreen2

NameonaScreen2
12 years ago#4
I actually thought it was fun and intuitive. I like to play RPGs to make my characters super powerful. Junctioning allows you to do that at the start of the game. The tutorials might seem overwhelming but all they're saying is every time you come across new or powerful magic, draw a whole lot of it. Then manually have your GFs learn abilities that end in -J. Then you'll notice that you can equip your powerful magic to your stats and presto! Your character is now beefed up. I think it's more fun than simply leveling up to increase stats like most RPGs.

User Info: chaosgumbo

chaosgumbo
12 years ago#5
As sad as it is, Junctioning is the best part of this game.

User Info: JangoWuzHere

JangoWuzHere
12 years ago#6

User Info: Theoriginalnutt

Theoriginalnutt
12 years ago#7
nowhere in the game does it say "you have to draw these spells"

if you don't like drawing, don't do it. it's exactly the same as levelling (i.e. optional to become powerful but quite tedious)
In Soviet Russia sig reads you!

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
12 years ago#8
How do you not understand how to junction? It fricken throws the tutorial in your face. I swear, how do people not know how to use junctions well and properly? Its simple and not even remotely hard.

(Waits for people to stand up for others that dont understand the system)
With their tanks, and their bombs
And their bombs, and their guns / In your head, in your head, they are dying

User Info: CBrate

CBrate
12 years ago#9
I hate this system. this game would be better then FF7 if it weren't for this god awful system.

Anyone else agree?

Actually no I don't. I actually hate it for the story. The game mechanics are just fine.
But I still prefer FF7.

User Info: gansta325

gansta325
12 years ago#10
The junction system is pretty good and in fact makes the game extra easy for you. The thing is you have to read and comprehend every tutorial about it. If you skip over those tutorials on your first time, you won't understand how it works.

Also, the refine skill replaces your need to draw. I could take 5 windmills and make 100 tornadoes and junction it to my health and by disc 1 one have about 2000+ health. I recommend you teach all your gfs refine from the start
PSN: AJSmith325
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII
  3. The Junction system is horrible.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A