This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. how do i copy GameFaqs saves and paste them to your PS3 save data

User Info: SoulScare

SoulScare
3 months ago#1
hello, i remember doing this back in the day, but recently I forgot the folder names and what order they need to go on my flash drive to get recognized on my PS3. Can someone please assist?
FC-2723-8932-4211

User Info: kcirtap

kcirtap
3 months ago#2
You can’t

User Info: SoulScare

SoulScare
3 months ago#3
dang. you use to be able to! What changed?
FC-2723-8932-4211

User Info: Lindsay

Lindsay
3 months ago#4
You used to be able to load up gamefaqs on the PS3s internet browser an directly download save files from it to you PS3. I'd done that on a couple of occasions in the past. Did I ever mention how awesome the PS3 used ta be? But gamefaqs no longer supports the PS3 browser so your outta luck on that end. At this point you'd need the usb Memory Card Adapter (and a PS1 memcard!) that Sony used ta sell for the PS3 waaaay back in the day.

edit: it may be possible to take a save from gamefaqs, upload it somewhere the browser still supports an d/l it from there?
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: __digitek__

__digitek__
2 months ago#5
This is really complicated to do now, but I was able to do it with a hacked PSP. Those are pretty cheap now and easy to put custom firmware on it.

You download a save from here onto your PC. You connect your PSP with custom firmware to the computer to transfer it to the PSP. You have to get the digital version of FFVII on the PS3 and it also can be loaded onto the PSP. You can then use the custom firmware on the PSP to load the save from this site into the memory card on the PSP for PS1 games. Then you load FFVII on the PSP and load the save in the game at least once. Then you can connect the PSP to the PS3 and load the save onto the PS3 from there using the native save file transfer utility.

I am almost positive that is how I did it a few years ago. I needed a hacked save for a presentation I was doing on the damage overflow glitch. You can also use Black Chocobo Save editor with any save on your PC to change pretty much anything you want about the save. This is how I edited a save for a bunch of full AP KotR materia and was able to get it usable on the PS3 for a live demo.
the brave do not fear the grave
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: IDoctrineIDark

IDoctrineIDark
3 weeks ago#6
USB Drive
New Folders - PS3 > EXPORT > PSV > (insert save here) plug into PS3 and copy onto a new virtual memory card as it might overwrite a previous save in the same slot for the same game.
I think this only works for the saves in the PS3 section in the saves tab I've only tried those. Otherwise you could get a PS memory card adapter and do it through your computer. I'm not aware of any other way.
"Everybody deals with grief differently right? Some people f*** at funerals... I cut off heads." - Travis Touchdown
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. how do i copy GameFaqs saves and paste them to your PS3 save data
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A