This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. Poll: Is FF7 your most favourite Final Fantasy?
Tactics will always be my favorite, though I did start with 7. I went back and played all the old FFs as I got older, but nothing beats Tactics for me. I haven't "liked" another numbered FF since 8. 9 just didn't click with me for some reason. I hate 10 and 10/2 - I know 10 is most people's favorite, but there isn't a single thing in that game I enjoy (combat is boring, Sphere Grid is annoying, story is ridiculously stupid). The original 12 was also on my low tier (not as low as 10), but I just bought Zodiac Age - so I'll see if that's better.

I didn't love or hate the 13 series. I played them, they were standard RPGs with pretty bad stories - that's really all. I did love Type-0 though. Absolutely everything about it. First FF I remember thinking was amazing since FF8. And 15 was, again, just okay. If it had shipped in the condition it's in now, then it would have been a masterpiece. But it wasn't complete at launch, the story has been patched in over 2 years, the DLC entries are deeper than the base game - it's just a game that took so long to get good that no one cares.
Gamertag: Rubedo URTV 666
"If you desire to know the truth, then you also must know that you have the courage to accept it."
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: sano83

sano83
1 month ago#22
Rubedo_URTV_666 posted...
The original 12 was also on my low tier (not as low as 10), but I just bought Zodiac Age - so I'll see if that's better.

It is, but it is a bit of a chore to set up the jobs/espers combination.
[Its devolution, Baby.]

User Info: lucthelad

lucthelad
1 month ago#23
FF9's battle system was good but slow.

I also understand people not liking how Trance is automatic. Not sure if FF10's route is the best either though, since it results in the player barely ever even using their Overdrives at all. Oddly enough, even though I complained about it back when I first played FF7, having it coverup the normal attack option might actually be the best balance between FF9's automatic Trances and FF10's easy-to-save-forever Overdrives.

edit: Part of the issue is also that Overdrives in FF10... At first, the bar fills up way too slowly. Later when you have Triple Overdrive of characters' ultimate weapons, the bar fills up way too fast. It probably would have been better to make it the same throughout the whole game, or at least take out Triple Overdrive (only leaving Double Overdrive as an option) and make the default Overdrive filling be faster.

FF9 is also my favorite out of the series. Best story imho. Also just so satisfying and all-conclusive to the series. Best ending too imho.

5, 6, 7, 10, and Tactics are all close seconds.

8 is perhaps the most polarizing in that it has some of the best music (if not the best music) in the whole series, but the gameplay and story are both a mess.

12 is just too empty story-wise for me to really love it. Also a lot of repetitiveness, especially in the Nam-Yensa/Ogir-Yensa Sandsea.
<cite>HelpMePlox posted...</cite>
A 1:3 ratio would mean that out of a 100 RPG's, 66.6 would be J and 33.3 would be W.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: NFITC1

NFITC1
1 month ago#24
I'll say no, but I act as if the answer's yes. It's complicated. I like 9 too much more although 7 is nearly as enjoyable as 6 was to me. 4 was my first FF.
Happily married since May 31, 2003
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. Poll: Is FF7 your most favourite Final Fantasy?
  • Post New Message