This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. Poll: Which platform are you playing FF7 on?

User Info: Deganawidah

Deganawidah
2 months ago#21
VS11v posted...
When you mentioned save states, did you mean turning off the display so you can pick up on your game later without losing progress and/or the in-game clock ticking? I find that very useful. However, if you meant save states like Virtual Console's Restore Point, then I've never discovered that feature despite having played several PSOne Classics on my Vita.

Yes. That's what I mean. That feature of the PS Classic is nice and can be quite useful. At the very least, it allows you to save the game more frequently without having to find a designated save point or reach a predetermined checkpoint (in more linear games). You can also use it to your advantage in-game, of course, if you so choose, by saving at key moments and retrying things that are either difficult or random.
"History is the road map and without it there is no way to navigate the future." - George Wunderlich

User Info: Manticore

Manticore
2 months ago#22
VegetableBoy posted...
MisterPengy posted...
Vita. Having it portable is amazing.

It's game changing when you can just play and never have to worry about getting to a save point.

The Vita version doesn't have save states, so I'm not sure what you mean by this?
GameFAQs lurker/poster since the early 2000s
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: TenchiHawkwing

TenchiHawkwing
2 months ago#23
Manticore posted...
VegetableBoy posted...
MisterPengy posted...

It's game changing when you can just play and never have to worry about getting to a save point.

The Vita version doesn't have save states, so I'm not sure what you mean by this?

Putting the game into standby mode, most likely.
Also, I'm playing it on PSTV which is basically Vita.
DD: DA (PS4)
PSN: HiouZetsuenshou, Pawn: Alexandra, Lv. 93 Ranger.

User Info: VS11v

VS11v
2 months ago#24
How do you use Remote Play with Vita? I'd really love to see some PSP/Vita-exclusive games on my TV.

User Info: Manticore

Manticore
2 months ago#25
TenchiHawkwing posted...
Manticore posted...
VegetableBoy posted...
MisterPengy posted...

Putting the game into standby mode, most likely.
Also, I'm playing it on PSTV which is basically Vita.

Lol stand by mode as a form of saving? You're screwed if you get a game over or if you want to switch to a different game. Gotta use them save points, unless you're playing the PS Classic console.
GameFAQs lurker/poster since the early 2000s

User Info: TitanOxide

TitanOxide
2 months ago#26
VS11v posted...
Is there an option to turn off the instant hp/mp/limit refill?

You can't really turn it off, you can choose not to use it.
iirc it's mapped to the right stick button, so I'm never in danger of accidentally pressing it.
Pressing both sticks in turns off random encounters, so I easily avoid that too.
x3 speed is mapped to the left stick, which is also an auto-run when using the stick and walking when using the d-pad.
Why you care about small things? World very simple place. World only have two things: Things you can eat and things you no can eat..

User Info: VS11v

VS11v
2 months ago#27
I remembered how Chrono Cross has an option to use healing elements after every battle. Although not necessary for most battles I find it pretty cool to use after fighting hard-hitting bosses.

User Info: Zack_Attackv1

Zack_Attackv1
1 month ago#28
Currently on the Switch, which is the 4th time I've purchased this game overall.

Heheheheeheh!!

I have no self-control ._.
http://i.imgur.com/Z5NGHYj.jpg

User Info: 1ofaDragon

1ofaDragon
1 month ago#29
Heheheheehee!!(Zack_Attackv1)
Lord of Arcana post-game maniac

User Info: Pazto

Pazto
1 month ago#30
First time I played it on PSX (it was the first game I ever pre-ordered!)
Then I re-played it on PS2 several years later (with my "old" PSX discs)
And recently I played the Steam release, that, with the last official patch is pretty much the definitive version of this awesome game (I might be wrong, but I think that the last updated Steam version, is the same as the newest release on Xbox One, Switch and w/e).
Was wondering to get it on Xbox and / or Switch (or Vita / PSP) too, but nah, I'm fine with my original PSX one, and Steam release.
Lurking Here Since 1998
(edited 1 month ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. Poll: Which platform are you playing FF7 on?
  • Post New Message