This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. I missed the 3rd huge Materia can I go back?

User Info: winstonblues

winstonblues
1 month ago#11
You can find a red submarine . . . unless you accodently shot down enemy sub; good luck finding it. I think the huge materia is unobtainable now.

But you can reach some other stuff down below with the sub
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: DynamixDJ

DynamixDJ
1 month ago#12
If you failed to shoot down the Red Sub then you cannot gain all four Huge Materias, but that will not matter too much. You should head to where the Barking Dog resides on the way towards Junon's Reactor to obtain yourself a Submarine (you will need it to progress in the game later on).

Anyway, the Materia that you lose now is not necessarily the Materia that you will lose overall. allow me to explain.

If you succeed in the Corel Mission, you will get the Green Huge Materia.
If you succeed in the Fort Condor Mission, you will get the Yellow Huge Materia.
If you succeed in the Junon Mission, you will get the Red Huge Materia.

Once you get to the Rocket, if you pass the code then the following checks play out, in sequence (the priority order matters):

1) If you are missing the GREEN Huge Materia from North Corel, then you will receive the GREEN Huge Materia here. Otherwise:
2) If you are missing the YELLOW Huge Materia from Fort Condor, then you will receive the YELLOW Huge Materia here. Otherwise:
3) If you are missing the RED Huge Materia from Junon's Red Sub, then you will receive the RED Huge Materia here. Otherwise:

If you are in possession of all three Huge Materias, then you will receive the BLUE Huge Materia.

So, if you miss out on only one Huge Materia (it doesn't matter which one), then it will be the BLUE Huge Materia that you miss out on, which means you cannot gain Bahamut ZERO from Bugenhaggen's laboratory. You can, however, dig up Bahamut ZERO from Bone Village on Disc 3 by searching for Good Treasure on dig spot 3 (you only have a 3.91% chance):

https://www.neoseeker.com/forums/1169/t2171183-key-to-sector-5/

A note about Bahamut Zero that a lot of people aren't aware of; if you managed to obtain all four Huge Materias, but you failed to obtain either Bahamut or Neo Bahamut, then you CANNOT dig up Bahamut Zero on Disc 3, and you cannot use the Huge Blue Materia to obtain ZERO; BZ will be lost forever in that instance. The flag at Bone Village *only* allows BZ to be dug up if you did *not* get the Blue HM following the Rocket sequence.
FFVII Walkthrough: http://www.neoseeker.com/final-fantasy-vii/faqs/1733032-dynamixdj.html
PasteBin Page: https://pastebin.com/u/DynamixDJ
(edited 1 month ago)
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. I missed the 3rd huge Materia can I go back?