This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. I missed the 3rd huge Materia can I go back?

User Info: Macdaddyruss1

Macdaddyruss1
1 month ago#1
I missed the Shinra Sub battle getting the Materia and I tried to go back to the underwater reactor and its now locked.

I have 3 huge materia...how can I go back and do the shinra junon sub part again?
Your Customer Number is 00013373915465211

User Info: LightnessZero

LightnessZero
1 month ago#2
Nope. If you failed the submarine minigame, the Huge Materia is as good as lost in that playthrough.
"To our friends, everything. To our enemies, the law."

User Info: Szymaa

Szymaa
1 month ago#3
However, if you DIDN'T fail the sub minigame, you have to go find the crashed sub on the seafloor and retrieve the Huge Materia.
~Bow chicka bow wow~
I survived ApocalyPS3 & ApocalyPS3 2: Among Thieves

Macdaddyruss1
1 month ago#4
Fail

User Info: GoukiAkujiki

GoukiAkujiki
1 month ago#5
How do you fail? Are you sure you failed? Have you tried going to check the sub?
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: WingedMasamune

WingedMasamune
1 month ago#6
Your topic post seems to suggest that you didn't pick up the Huge Materia from the sunken Red Sub.

If however, you did in fact fail to sink the Red Sub then the Huge Materia is gone for good.
PSN: Grekaosangel

User Info: winstonblues

winstonblues
1 month ago#7
I missed the corel reactor materia my first playthrough ever.

Was so frustrated I couldn't get the third summon.

Is ultima still attainable? I know barrett's limit isnt

User Info: chrcol

chrcol
1 month ago#8
you can still get bahamaut zero itself so thats not missable. can dig it up disc 3 in harp location, likewise can do same with pheonix if thats also missed

because of that I think you can essentially miss "one" huge materia and not miss out on any materias. Miss "two" or more huge materias tho and you lose the ability to be able spawn all three types of new mastered materias.

The one with the biggest consequence is coral as if you mess that up bad enough you can lose out on ultima. (two fail conditions, the first one still lets you buy ultima).
(edited 1 month ago)

Macdaddyruss1
1 month ago#9
Okay so basically when I got to the Underwater Reactor and got to the submarine game where you have to shoot down the submarine I failed and progressed the story and then when I got to Cosmo Canyon at the telescope room with the old man there was only three huge Materia so I went back to the Underwater Reactor and it was locked my girlfriend seems to think I can use a submarine and go down in the ocean to get it but I must to skip that dialogue part when they give me the sub because I'm pretty confused because the Underwater Reactor is locked

User Info: GoukiAkujiki

GoukiAkujiki
1 month ago#10
Punctuation
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. I missed the 3rd huge Materia can I go back?