This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. Long range end game

User Info: biffen800

biffen800
1 month ago#1
Got myself a ps classic and played FF7.

Im at the endgame (no reload, no summons, no glitches) and just killed both weapons.

Anyway my cloud has used long range most of the game.

But now i tried with and without it and i can barely see the difference. Im using ragnarrok (thinking about not using ultima anymore)

And im hitting with long range for 5100 and crit 9999 (255 luck)

Without it 4950ish (crit 9900)

I thought back row halved physical attacks

(I am using x4 cut)
Fallout is the best thing in entertainment.

User Info: shadow666

shadow666
1 month ago#2
4x-Cut doesn't suffer that penalty, neither do Slash All or Deathblow.
Nothing to see here.

User Info: manmouse

manmouse
1 month ago#3
shadow666 posted...
4x-Cut doesn't suffer that penalty, neither do Slash All or Deathblow.

WHAT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b18HMqJW5A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt1-XWiMveY

User Info: Lockeadon

Lockeadon
1 month ago#4
Lmao that reaction

User Info: biffen800

biffen800
1 month ago#5
Nice thanks
Fallout is the best thing in entertainment.

User Info: blackhrt

blackhrt
1 month ago#6
yeah some of the materia bypass that. but yes if you normally physically attack backrow to backrow, the damage is less. also your limit break meter takes longer to fill in the backrow.
"I live my life 3 videogames at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not my clan and their BS. For those 3 games or less, I'm free."

User Info: GoukiAkujiki

GoukiAkujiki
1 month ago#7
blackhrt posted...
yeah some of the materia bypass that. but yes if you normally physically attack backrow to backrow, the damage is less. also your limit break meter takes longer to fill in the backrow.

No to both things you said.

Back to back is the same as back to front or front to back.

Limit bar is based on damage taken and fury/sadness status. Row has nothing to do with the gauge itself.

User Info: Chariot_of_God

Chariot_of_God
1 month ago#8
GoukiAkujiki posted...
blackhrt posted...

Limit bar is based on damage taken and fury/sadness status. Row has nothing to do with the gauge itself.

And what is the purpose of Backrow, besides looking like a VIP? Reducing incoming damage taken. So yes, hit with the same attacks (affected by backrow reduction) the backrow limit guage would fill slower than if the character was in the frontrow, because less damage was taken.
PSN: OsCGunslinger - XBL: OsC Binary

User Info: GoukiAkujiki

GoukiAkujiki
1 month ago#9
Chariot_of_God posted...
GoukiAkujiki posted...
blackhrt posted...

And what is the purpose of Backrow, besides looking like a VIP? Reducing incoming damage taken. So yes, hit with the same attacks (affected by backrow reduction) the backrow limit guage would fill slower than if the character was in the frontrow, because less damage was taken.

Row has nothing to do with the gauge itself.

You literally bolded the same response I’d give you.

Is English not your first language?

User Info: dillydally123

dillydally123
1 month ago#10
GoukiAkujiki posted...
Chariot_of_God posted...
GoukiAkujiki posted...
blackhrt posted...

Row has nothing to do with the gauge itself.

You literally bolded the same response I’d give you.

Is English not your first language?

You're both saying the same thing. Back row indirectly makes the LIMIT gauge fill more slowly by reducing the damage you take.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. Long range end game