This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. chocobos and RNG

User Info: chrcol

chrcol
1 month ago#1
Just a few questions to those who know.

On PS4 version (and steam).

How do you do a soft reset and a hard reset.

I assume closing game and relaunching is hard on both platforms?

Second, if I am mating 2 gold's and using a zeio nut does anyone know the RNG (and ideally the steps), to get a male with a max dash boost. I am having trouble getting this to happen randomly.

My female is at 176 sprint and male 147 sprint currently, a huge gap. 90% of new borns are female. The female is also faster at run although I dont know by how much.
(edited 1 month ago)

chrcol
1 month ago#2
wow already got it.

So going straight in and breeding gives female with avg of both stats.
Waiting extra 4 seconds then going in and breeding gives male every time but with avg of both stats. (might have run reduction as is a 15/256 run reduced chance, all I know is run wasnt boosted so is either avg or run reduced on this result).
Waiting extra 4 seconds then going in and feeding 30 mimett greens gives male with max run boost AND max dash boost = jackpot, based on the guide from dynamixdj I believe that to be an RNG of +94 RNG? (I repeated this 3 times, its repeatable).

I determined max run got a boost by chloe telling me the new chocobo was the fastest (fastest not fastest sprinter), and determined the dash boost as it now has 176 sprint same as the female (average only gives new male of 164 sprint).
(edited 1 month ago)

chrcol
1 month ago#3
still working on finding a RNG value for getting female with max run boosted, I wont be able to determine max dash boost tho given its already maxed out, but I know the dash boosted female I obtained 2 days ago was from a 8-16 sec wait outside then mating without doing anything else. But that one I think didnt boost max run just max dash.

chrcol
1 month ago#4
I went all the way up to RNG 17 with no females combined with max run boost, I looked at dynamixDJ's guide again, to see the RNG's he suggested using with zeio nuts, and sure enough when I tried RNG97 I got a female with increased max run, coincidentally also in the 90s like the 94 I very flukily found.

Interesting the 17 lowest RNG counters, are all dud's, so those guys who save scum, just reload a save and run in will get poor stat chocobos on breeding.

Prop's to the guys who wrote these RNG guides, as I expect they tested every RNG all the way up to those 90s numbers one at a time.

I will speculate RNG 97 probably also boosts max dash else dynamixDJ probably would have chosen a different one as his guide maxes all the stats. I will just max out both golden's male and femaleand maybe later after game is done max out other colours.

Interestingly acceleration is just hidden 100%, when feeding mimmet greens is no indication whatseoever if it increases or gets maxed out.

User Info: DynamixDJ

DynamixDJ
1 month ago#5
Sigh.

A long time ago I set myself the task of mapping out all Chocobo variations, but I realised it was impossible, and this was due to a pesky "Breed count" variable that I was not able to track down. Basically, you could be breeding the exact same two Chocobos under the exact same conditions, and still get a different result to the last time you would have bred at that RNG value.

I first noticed this when recreating the steps in GMO's guide; I was able to get a Green and Blue at different RNG values to the ones that BrutalAl had originally worked out.

It's no good simply saying "I have these two Chocobos, what is the RNG value do I need to breed them on to get x, y and z". It's impossible to accurately predict, one can only use the RNG value from previous tests and hope for the best. I concluded a long time ago that the only way to produce an effective RNG exploit method is to do it from scratch; i.e. start at the Moving stage. That is the only way to guarantee consistency.

Another important factor to consider is Personality; the Personality Type (or "P-Type") will affect the dice roll. There is no way to know if your Chocobo is P-Type 0 or 1, only if it is P-Type 2 as it will be dashing in the Chocobo lobby screen if so.

There are three different dice roll variations based on P-Type:

Both Chocobos P-Type 0 = Dice roll 1
One Chocobo is P-Type 0 and the other is 1 or 2 = Dice roll 2
Neither Chocobo is P-Type 0 = Dice roll 3

Add that to the fact that there is an obscure breed count var, it makes it difficult to say "this is the RNG value you need". Luckily you can manipulate the P-Type of a Chocobo by using Pahsana Greens. I never did find out exactly the mechanics behind the qty of Pahsana Greens needed to improve P-Type, but I do know for a certainty that if you feed 99 Pahsana Greens to a Chocobo that is P-Type 1 or 2 then Chocobo Bill will say "their personality's improved!", and they will become P-Type 0. If you do not get a quote from Bill then that means they were alread P-Type 0.
FFVII Walkthrough: http://www.neoseeker.com/final-fantasy-vii/faqs/1733032-dynamixdj.html
PasteBin Page: https://pastebin.com/u/DynamixDJ

chrcol
1 month ago#6
so if I understand you right the amount of chocobos breeded affects the RNG output?

Interesting.

Well 97 did work and 94 has continued to work on what I have now but I will check again on a different playthru to see if it changes.

I only had to do one more female after that post, then that was maxed out on max run (chloe after that said new chocobos were not faster), so I did one male after that to bring that up to the same. So from my first golden chocobo I only needed to boost max run I think 3 times in total to max it out. But if you not RNG manipulating it can be a very long process. I think both original parents were type 0 for personality So that stayed consistent.

So i guess your answer provides an answer to the question I was going to ask you which is why in your guide you chose personality 2.

Also interesting regarding acceleration, guide writers have indicated they cannot see the difference to boosting acceleration, but what I noticed is since feeding 99 mimmet greens, my chocobo is always in 1st place right after the start, whilst previously about half the time would be stuck behind another chocobo and have to overtake.
(edited 1 month ago)

DynamixDJ
1 month ago#7
Just curious, which guide are you referring to? A Google search for "Chocobo Stat Maxing" will bring you to the GFaq guide that I made, but that one has errors and I cannot edit my posts.

This is the official Stat maxing guide that I have released, which is error-free:

https://thelifestream.net/forums/threads/guide-to-breeding-a-stable-of-maxed-out-chocobos.19965/
FFVII Walkthrough: http://www.neoseeker.com/final-fantasy-vii/faqs/1733032-dynamixdj.html
(edited 1 month ago)

chrcol
1 month ago#8
I have read both guides, the one I used to get the RNG 97 value was on gamefaqs (which as I said did work for me). Thanks

Are you able to get the official guide on here in the faq section?

I got the 94 by pure luck very quickly, I went in there and after knowing feeding greens adjusts the RNG I thought I would try 30 mimmet since I thought no harm in also boosting accel, and got the male chocobo with max run and max sprint both been boosted.

The RNG 97 is also in your fixed guide :)

68 -- @ 084 Mate the Gold Male and "GNF" selecting the Gold first using a Zeio Nut. RNG @ 097 (Green Female - name it whatever you wish)

However it seems I made a mistake, after rereading your guide the RNG 97 is "after" the breed, it was 84 when you did the breed. So that was lucky it worked for me.
(edited 1 month ago)

chrcol
1 month ago#9
Can I ask, on the breeding count is it a tally of chocobos breeded on current playthru, or current breeded chocobos in pen?

DynamixDJ
1 month ago#10
Sorry for the late reply @chrcol, been a bit preoccupied lately.

Basically, the "breed count" is just something that I'm labelling it as; I don't exactly know what's going on with it, and I wasn't able to track down why the inconsistencies happen.

I just know that if you move two Chocobos in at specific RNG values then mate them at a specific RNG value, you will always get a Chocobo with predetermined results, consistently. If you were to then release the newborn Chocobo and mate the same two again under the exact same circumstances at the same RNG value as before, the offspring will have different stats to the first. The second can still be predetermined, what cannot be determined is which Chocobo you're going to get (unless you start at the moving stage, as explained), and whether or not this "breed count" alternates every two breeds or not. I didn't test much into it, but I did try to look into the scripts to identify the weird variable; I couldn't find anything.

It seems to be more of an internal RNG mechanism thing than a field script/coding related thing. There is no dedicated variable assigned to counting how many times you have bred overall, or how many times an individual Chocobo has been bred.

A very long time ago someone hit me up who was interested in helping me map out all breeding results for all variations of Chocobos (256 results per breed). We were going at it, until every now and then we would realise that our results weren't matching up. I banged my head against the wall with this one for a long time, until eventually I gave up and decided that it was impossible to map everything out the way I had planned; the only thing I could do was create a "Stat Maxing" strategy, which was the original inspiration for the project. The idea was to finish mapping out all RNG variations, then go through the results to identify the best RNG values to breed on, but of course, this pesky 'Breed Count' thing meant that I was not getting the results as I had mapped out. So, instead, I just put together a dedicated strategy working out the RNG values as I went along, which was the only way I could execute a strategy with consistent results.

It's interesting that you have noticed that RNG 097 is the value you need to get what you want; I seem to recall that RNG 113 - 116 was the optimal value. Most of the time, once I had found that 'magic' RNG number, the next breed would need a value that would be within a range of 2 - 3 either way of that number.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. chocobos and RNG