This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. Is it possible to do a solo Yuffie playthrough? (Spoilers)

User Info: Lockeadon

Lockeadon
2 months ago#11
Good Luck bro

User Info: NjNJA_QK

NjNJA_QK
2 months ago#12
Thanks. So far it's not that bad. Carry Armor was a nightmare until I learned how to properly fight the thing so would stop grabbing me giving me an instant game over. The demon gate was a little rough too, but other than that it's been fun. I've streamed 100% of it so far on Twitch (vids here https://www.twitch.tv/NjNJA_QK/videos). I think I'll have the main story finished by tomorrow, but we'll see. I have 1 more huge materia left.

NjNJA_QK
2 months ago#13
Hey everyone. Just wanted to give you 1 final update with this Yuffie only run. I finally beat the main story today. 100% streamed. These were the final rules I set for myself for the playthrough:

• Only use Yuffie unless impossible (Dyne, Wutai, Pre Junon)
• Get all Yuffie Weapons
• Get all Yuffie Limit Breaks
• Date with Yuffie
• All enemy skill materia
• No W-Item glitch (didn't realize you can't buy elixirs though >_<)
• No KoTR

Took 6 streams. Roughly 3-4 hours each. Most of the boss fights weren't too bad, but I did die to Demon Gate, Carry Armor, and Safer Sephiroth. I finished with Yuffie at level 71 (maybe 70). I will eventually fight Ruby and Emerald Weapon, but since it will likely be HOURS of grinding to prepare for it, I just decided I'll do it off stream and upload it when I beat them.

Overall I'd say that it was a lot of fun. FF VII isn't a really hard RPG anyway, but I still found it a little challenging at times with Yuffie. I don't plan on solo'ing with any other FF VII characters. Just wanted to show my little ninja some love before the remake comes out. Since the remake is supposed to only take place in Midgar... I'm not sure she's going to even make it in the game. </3
(message deleted)
(message deleted)

User Info: NewPlaza

NewPlaza
2 months ago#16
Actually, Yuffie is one of the most(if not the most) powerful character in the game(IMHO). She has great advantage over the rest of the team.
With her Conformer, she can deal normal damage to any and all enemies(Slash-All & MegaAll).
She can SlashAll(level1)/or MegaAll all enemies at normal damage. No 1/3 damage penalty!
This also includes Morph. She can Morph or MegaAll+Morph all enemie(s) at normal damage. No 1/8 damage penalty!
And Yuffie is the only one who can you Morph+HP/MP Absorb effectively.
Also, she does 1 HP damage(damage & absorb damage) on herself and the rest of the team.
So you will never have to worry about her getting confused and attacking the team. So, one "could" leave her without a Ribbon.
And another thing she can do is "set up" All Lucky 7777's.
Because she gives/takes 1 HP off your teammates(her included) you can use this plus the Cat's Bell.
While I know it's true you can use the mini status or the Enemy Skill "????" to set the All Lucky 7's, I think it's easier with Yuffie.

NjNJA_QK
2 months ago#17
That's a lot of stuff I didn't know about. I couldn't find any solo playthroughs with her. I still think her early game is weak but she definitely exceeded my expectations later in the game. Still have the old BrandyGames strategy guide and it didn't mention anything about the ability on her ultimate weapon so I just assumed it was the best because of a little higher base damage then her other ones.

User Info: NewPlaza

NewPlaza
2 months ago#18
NjNJA_QK posted...
Still have the old BrandyGames strategy guide and it didn't mention anything about the ability on her ultimate weapon

It's not listed in the VersusBook guide either.
Only thing it says is, "Gets attack bonus based on the level of enemy it targets."

But nonetheless, she's pretty awesome.I always equip Morph+HP Absorb and go to town at inflicting normal damage while morphing enemies. You collect alot of items real quick.
And if you are at a point where you have mastered the Morph materia, then add the second Morph+StealAsWell.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. Is it possible to do a solo Yuffie playthrough? (Spoilers)
  • Post New Message