This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. Is it possible to do a solo Yuffie playthrough? (Spoilers)

User Info: NjNJA_QK

NjNJA_QK
1 month ago#1
Here's what I already know:
- I can't use Yuffie until I recruit her in the Junon area
- If I go to Wutai before disk 3, she will temporarily leave the party (so I plan on skipping that whole scene)

My question is... is there any part other than those where I couldn't use her? I remember there being spots where some characters have to be in the party (I would just leave them dead though), but is there any parts that I'm missing? I really want to try to solo with her all the way from the time I get her until I beat the game.

User Info: UnlessJack

UnlessJack
1 month ago#2
I mean theres the Dyne fight, Rapps and.... That's it. Should be fine.
I feel Futurama was, is, and always will be underappreciated...

NjNJA_QK
1 month ago#3
Oh yea. I just remembered I have to do the Wutai thing or else I can't get Yuffie's final limit break. That's not that bad though. Thanks!

UnlessJack
1 month ago#4
Oh yeah and there's like 2 Shinra soldiers that you have to use Barrett and Cait for.

User Info: Raiu

Raiu
1 month ago#5
InfiniteSpawn posted...
Oh yea. I just remembered I have to do the Wutai thing or else I can't get Yuffie's final limit break. That's not that bad though. Thanks!

Her final limit break isn't that good (it hits all enemies once each, which isn't that impressive), so don't worry about it too much.
-Raiutaryuu-

NjNJA_QK
1 month ago#6
Raiu posted...

Her final limit break isn't that good (it hits all enemies once each, which isn't that impressive), so don't worry about it too much.

That's true, but as part of the playthrough I want to get all of her weapons and limit breaks.

UnlessJack
1 month ago#7
Make sure you steal from diamond for rising sun then.

NjNJA_QK
4 weeks ago#8
I decided to stream it instead of doing it offline. Also decided to do the PS4 version of the game. I screwed up immediately because I didn't realize I didn't have the matra magic enemy skill so I had to go back and get it, but so far I'm really enjoying the Yuffie only challenge.

I streamed for 4 hours yesterday. Here's the video on Twitch (I won't upload it to YouTube until I finish the game). I'll probably do another 4 hours today... maybe more. I'll try to make the mic louder.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/455215084

NjNJA_QK
4 weeks ago#9
I haven't seen any one try to do this before with Yuffie so I've made up my own rules for my Yuffie only challenge.

- ONLY use Yuffie unless it's impossible (for example the Dyne fight). Not just boss fights... every fight.
- Get all of Yuffie's Weapons
- Get all of Yuffie's limit breaks
- Go on the gold saucer date with Yuffie

That's it for now. I'm going to try to get all of the Enemy skills on one of the materia, but that's just a personal thing. Not really Yuffie challenge related.
(edited 4 weeks ago)
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. Is it possible to do a solo Yuffie playthrough? (Spoilers)