This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. Guess The Thing LXXXIII *SPOILERS*

User Info: mustad1o

mustad1o
4 weeks ago#491
Man in the pipe

User Info: rsnbau

rsnbau
4 weeks ago#492
Aeris

User Info: Althalus2013

Althalus2013
4 weeks ago#493
simondrake posted...
*The delightful Found In Translation videos had a great explanation for this. The japanese name for the item is a slang term meaning "trying hard to look older"-style underwear but the literal translation of "trying hard to look older" is a reference to standing on tiptoes to look taller. In Japan they'd understand it to be a metaphor and 'underwear to make you look older' would mean a padded bra. But the translator saw "standing on tip-toes underwear" and thought it meant a scoliosis brace!

Holy cow. I never knew that. All these years, I'm not sure what I THOUGHT it meant but I certainly didn't assume it was something like that. Ig maybe I thought it was something like those special chairs you can get which are still basically normal but improve your posture (I know underwear like that doesn't exist but this game features dragons, genetically modified war veterans and Cloud's hair not collapsing under its own weight, posture-improving underwear was NOT a stretch). Thanks for sharing this!
Piano, turkey, Donald Trump's down-belows, Arkansas wardrobe, flagellation, polar bears - it's beans! Can we expect any nuclear fallout today, John? Certainly!

User Info: lucthelad

lucthelad
4 weeks ago#494
Holy materia
<cite>HelpMePlox posted...</cite>
A 1:3 ratio would mean that out of a 100 RPG's, 66.6 would be J and 33.3 would be W.

User Info: Lockeadon

Lockeadon
4 weeks ago#495
That potion that person gives you near the beginning of the game

User Info: GoukiAkujiki

GoukiAkujiki
4 weeks ago#496
Althalus2013 posted...
simondrake posted...
*The delightful Found In Translation videos had a great explanation for this. The japanese name for the item is a slang term meaning "trying hard to look older"-style underwear but the literal translation of "trying hard to look older" is a reference to standing on tiptoes to look taller. In Japan they'd understand it to be a metaphor and 'underwear to make you look older' would mean a padded bra. But the translator saw "standing on tip-toes underwear" and thought it meant a scoliosis brace!

Holy cow. I never knew that. All these years, I'm not sure what I THOUGHT it meant but I certainly didn't assume it was something like that. Ig maybe I thought it was something like those special chairs you can get which are still basically normal but improve your posture (I know underwear like that doesn't exist but this game features dragons, genetically modified war veterans and Cloud's hair not collapsing under its own weight, posture-improving underwear was NOT a stretch). Thanks for sharing this!

I always assumed it was a special bra because she has such huge boobs that she was getting back problems even at s young age. Either way, it’s obvious it’s some kind of bra and not panties because of the whole “orthopedic” thing.

User Info: 1ofaDragon

1ofaDragon
4 weeks ago#497
Master materia
Lord of Arcana post-game maniac

User Info: meirou

meirou
4 weeks ago#498
“F**k/Pyck” sign in Corel Prison

User Info: Robuust

Robuust
4 weeks ago#499
Avalanche
People who overestimate their abilities reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices, and their incompetence robs them of the ability to realize it.

User Info: Althalus2013

Althalus2013
4 weeks ago#500
Lucrecia's cave?
Piano, turkey, Donald Trump's down-belows, Arkansas wardrobe, flagellation, polar bears - it's beans! Can we expect any nuclear fallout today, John? Certainly!
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. Guess The Thing LXXXIII *SPOILERS*
  • Topic Closed