This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. Can you have more than one of the same master materia?

User Info: ModusPonens

ModusPonens
3 weeks ago#11
In my game I have three sets for the three active party members. Each character have a Master Command, a Master Magic, a Master Summon, and a complete Enemy Skill. Whenever you get a Master, you lose all the required basic Materia that you've mastered, so it frees a lot of space. I could keep going and give a set to each character, so all eight characters would have them, but that would be a waste of time, since the game never requires you to play with more than three.

You only need space for 24 Materia to have a set of Masters for everyone, that's three Materia for each one of the eight characters.

But like others have mentioned, they're unlimited because the game will always allow you to perform the Materia fusion, as long as you have the required ones mastered and the huge Materia. You can manage the limited space as you wish, and nothing prevents you from selling or discarding Materia.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydCZg96n_Xs

User Info: 1ofaDragon

1ofaDragon
3 weeks ago#12
Wings of light and dark spread afar.
Lord of Arcana post-game maniac

User Info: Kuuko

Kuuko
3 weeks ago#13
ModusPonens posted...
I could keep going and give a set to each character, so all eight characters would have them, but that would be a waste of time, since the game never requires you to play with more than three.

Well the Bizarro Sephiroth fight could. But if you have master materias and qualify for the two or three party battle then there's a good chance you'll demolish him before the different parties get to do anything cool with their materia sets anyway.
http://i.imgur.com/dzGMd.png

User Info: Chariot_of_God

Chariot_of_God
3 weeks ago#14
Kuuko posted...
ModusPonens posted...
I could keep going and give a set to each character, so all eight characters would have them, but that would be a waste of time, since the game never requires you to play with more than three.

Well the Bizarro Sephiroth fight could. But if you have master materias and qualify for the two or three party battle then there's a good chance you'll demolish him before the different parties get to do anything cool with their materia sets anyway.

Lol I was going to say the same thing.
PSN: OsCGunslinger - XBL: OsC Binary

User Info: ModusPonens

ModusPonens
3 weeks ago#15
Kuuko posted...

The game doesn't actually force you to use more than one party for that battle. It just asks if you're worried about the other members, if you say "no" you can fight with just one party.

Also, a few mastered Double Cuts and a few Enemy Skills already break the game. Only Ruby and Emerald require a bit more. The Master Materia are more for convenience's sake, esp the Command. So you don't have to equip commands separately and it saves slots. The downside is that huge window...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydCZg96n_Xs
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: GoukiAkujiki

GoukiAkujiki
3 weeks ago#16
I have an old file with 9 of each Master Materia, all made because the Weapons are still alive.

User Info: Peter_19

Peter_19
3 weeks ago#17
I remember getting like 9-10 of all the Master Materias several years ago.
I had lots of fun with the Master Command=HP Absorb + Double Cut combo, since it allowed me to attack 4 times in a row every turn while absorbing tons of HP each attack.
I also think I used the combos Master Summon=MP Absorb and Phoenix=Final Attack.
Nothing could touch me, every single battle was a joke.
Hey look, I got a new signature, lololol.
(edited 3 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. Can you have more than one of the same master materia?