This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. Why does my Cloud absorb lightning Cont

User Info: DynamixDJ

DynamixDJ
1 month ago#1
I hit Pumpkin Blemont up via PM, cus I didn't mean to chase anyone away from the boards, that wasn't my intent.

Anyway, he discovered the reason for Cloud absorbing Lightning; Yuffie had Final Attack+Shield equipped, which was the reason for Cloud absorbing the element.

If you have any more questions about the game, please feel free to continue posting here @PumpkinBelmont, I apologise for any offence caused
FFVII Walkthrough: http://www.neoseeker.com/final-fantasy-vii/faqs/1733032-dynamixdj.html
PasteBin Page: https://pastebin.com/u/DynamixDJ

User Info: DevsBro

DevsBro
1 month ago#2
Final attack + shield... What does that do?
53 LIII 0b110101
p16 0x35

User Info: PumpkinBelmont

PumpkinBelmont
1 month ago#3
@DynamixDJ It's all good man.

DevsBro posted...

Shield causes elements to be absorbed, when my Yuffie died she must have cast Shield onto Cloud causing him to absorb Bolt 2

User Info: DevsBro

DevsBro
1 month ago#4
PumpkinBelmont posted...
@DynamixDJ It's all good man.

DevsBro posted...

Shield causes elements to be absorbed, when my Yuffie died she must have cast Shield onto Cloud causing him to absorb Bolt 2

Ah, I see.
53 LIII 0b110101
p16 0x35

User Info: PumpkinBelmont

PumpkinBelmont
1 month ago#5
When farming sources you slot as many Final Attacks + whatever heals/buffs you have to fill it out, I never payed attention to which spells were slotted because generally this is irrelevant.

User Info: BreakevenCloud

BreakevenCloud
1 month ago#6
lol - that’s great.

One time I booted up a save in Shinra HQ and forgot to check any equipment and wondered why Cloud’s physical attack was healing the zenene enemy.

As you can guess....elemental + poison was equipped. That’s what I get for not checking the load out
Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. Why does my Cloud absorb lightning Cont