This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. Why does my Cloud absorb lightning?

User Info: PumpkinBelmont

PumpkinBelmont
4 weeks ago#1
He has Ultima Weapon, Mystile, and Ribbon equipped.
Only materia slotted are Enemy Skill, W-Item, and Enemy Lure.
Status says no resistance to lighting whatsoever.
Bolt 2 heals me in the sunken plane.

Whats going on?

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
4 weeks ago#2
Hmm... if it's not showing up in your status menu, it must be something tied to battle itself.

Does this only happen in the Sunken Plane? What about other dungeons or the overworld?
See me on Discord! ^.^
Eevee's Mystery Dungeon: https://discord.gg/fexbndS

PumpkinBelmont
4 weeks ago#3
Hmmm... I can't seem to get it to happen consistently. It doesn't happen when I cast it, but sometimes when Unknown 3 casts it, it heals me. Not sure about other enemies. It's weird and doesn't make sense lol
Because clouds hair stand up spikier, which is where clouds strength comes from. It doesn’t work When he casts it on himself, because the power to cast a spell is drained from his hair.

User Info: ModusPonens

ModusPonens
4 weeks ago#5
It's probably a glitch. As we all know, the game is very glitchy. If you had the Elemental Materia linked to a non-elemental Materia, it could be the case that you were absorbing the "Hidden" element. But since it's the Bolt spell and you don't have the Elemental Materia equipped it can only be a glitch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydCZg96n_Xs

PumpkinBelmont
4 weeks ago#6
I'm not going to pretend I understand the internal mechanics fluently but could this be some sort of weird overflow glitch or something because my Cloud has maxed stats, I'm mean that really wouldn't make sense to me, but the entire situation doesn't make sense either.

User Info: GoukiAkujiki

GoukiAkujiki
4 weeks ago#7
PumpkinBelmont posted...
He has Ultima Weapon, Mystile, and Ribbon equipped.
Only materia slotted are Enemy Skill, W-Item, and Enemy Lure.
Status says no resistance to lighting whatsoever.
Bolt 2 heals me in the sunken plane.

Whats going on?

If this is accurate equipment and materia, it’s a glitch.

User Info: DynamixDJ

DynamixDJ
4 weeks ago#8
There is no glitch that causes the Restorative flag to accidentally be toggled. Unless TC can provide video proof, I'm asserting that his claim is impossible

Apologies to TC if this is legit, but I know my stuff, and this is unheard of. A "glitch" is an error or oversight in the game's scripting, and an error of that nature does not exist, at least not to my knowledge. I could be wrong; again, I'd need to see a video if I was to investigate.

What platform/version are you playing? Have you ever had mods installed on the version you're playing?

I suspect that you have the Bolt Armlet or Tetra Elemental equipped if you genuinely are absorbing the Lightning element.
FFVII Walkthrough: http://www.neoseeker.com/final-fantasy-vii/faqs/1733032-dynamixdj.html
PasteBin Page: https://pastebin.com/u/DynamixDJ
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: GoukiAkujiki

GoukiAkujiki
4 weeks ago#9
DynamixDJ posted...
There is no glitch that causes the Restorative flag to accidentally be toggled. Unless TC can provide video proof, I'm asserting that his claim is impossible

Apologies to TC if this is legit, but I know my stuff, and this is unheard of. A "glitch" is an error or oversight in the game's scripting, and an error of that nature does not exist, at least not to my knowledge. I could be wrong; again, I'd need to see a video if I was to investigate.

What platform/version are you playing? Have you ever had mods installed on the version you're playing?

I suspect that you have the Bolt Armlet or Tetra Elemental equipped if you genuinely are absorbing the Lightning element.

Usually consistent results of programming errors or oversights are called bugs, while a glitch can be a one off occurrence. But many use the words interchangeably.

But yeah, it’s impossible so I’d like to know what’s up too, I currently don’t believe it.

PumpkinBelmont
4 weeks ago#10
Well I tried this morning and could not recreate it. I don't wish to discuss it further as you guys would rather call me a troll and a liar. I'm going to close this topic asap. Don't worry, I won't come back here with anymore questions.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. Why does my Cloud absorb lightning?
  • Topic Closed