This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. The Reamake new Trailer Topic!

User Info: Pazto

Pazto
1 month ago#1
New trailer is just out.
I dont know what to think, they restarted the remake project all over from scratch to make the same thing?
Is Nomura still working at it? Because Cloud made like a 20m Air Dash, and everything look way too much like FFXV.
But I guess, we will see.
What do you think? This is one of the few vg board that still have Gamers that actually know what they are talking about, so I'm curious to know what old Fans of FFVII (like myseld) think about it.
Lurking Here Since 1998
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: simondrake

simondrake
1 month ago#2
Whatever the game is it won't be what we have in our hearts as a perfect remake.
But it'll still be fun to play and remember the original.
Long live FF7.
To strive, to seek, to find. And not to yield.

User Info: Takkun57

Takkun57
1 month ago#3
Nomura is indeed still working as a director... we can only hope he learnt from the mistakes of Versus XIII.

Combat does look very similar to XV, but the devs said they will be adding strategic elements as well, whatever that means. Gameplay-wise, I would only hope for characters to feel unique and for a smart iteration of the materia system. Also that Barret stops wearing the sunglasses at some point... sounds silly but it still bugs me a lot lol.

User Info: EpsteinBarr

EpsteinBarr
1 month ago#4
The trailer is actually looking promising. It looks like there will be more reveals in June.

User Info: Szymaa

Szymaa
1 month ago#5
EpsteinBarr posted...
The trailer is actually looking promising. It looks like there will be more reveals in June.

This is about my feeling on it as well. Combat does look FFXV-esque, but I thought the combat was one of the few things XV actually did well.
~Bow chicka bow wow~
I survived ApocalyPS3 & ApocalyPS3 2: Among Thieves

User Info: GoukiAkujiki

GoukiAkujiki
1 month ago#6
I just want to see the world and story, I know I won’t like the gameplay.

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
1 month ago#7
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df0YG3qfZ8E

For anyone who wanted a link. >_>
See me on Discord! ^.^
Eevee's Mystery Dungeon: https://discord.gg/fexbndS

User Info: Ghost_MW_3

Ghost_MW_3
1 month ago#8
I was surprised and totally excited when the trailer came out and its announcement that more info will be revealed in June when E3 rolls around. The character designs of Cloud and Aerith looks fantastic, and it is Aerith that looks realistic.

As for the final boss theme known as "One Winged Angel", I believe it's going to be completely remade, but instead of the choir, it will have a recording artist doing the verses. I made many posts about the remixes saying that it sounded too scary and can frighten younger kids playing the game. In my personal opinion, I think someone who could do the OWA remake is this person:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWsKSp4VMAAKjoM.jpg

User Info: Szymaa

Szymaa
1 month ago#9
Ghost_MW_3 posted...
I sounded too scary and can frighten younger kids

It's the theme music for a Chemically Enhanced God-Man whose summoned a Giant Evil Space Rock to wipe out the planet. It's not supposed to be Baby Shark.
~Bow chicka bow wow~
I survived ApocalyPS3 & ApocalyPS3 2: Among Thieves

User Info: meirou

meirou
1 month ago#10
Everything’s been disappointing lately, ff15, kh3, GOT. Surely this has to be the end of a run of dissatisfaction
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. The Reamake new Trailer Topic!