This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. Continue the game...

User Info: flutie868

flutie868
1 month ago#1
Hi. When you beat Sephiroth, do you get to go back to the main world to finish undone things? Ex. Side quests?

User Info: El_Nombre

El_Nombre
1 month ago#2
Nope, it's not like those type of games, and I think it suits FFVII's storyline not to be.
2014: Press X to pay respects
1997: Climhazzard Jenova-Life repeatedly to pay respects - namelesssomeone

User Info: DevsBro

DevsBro
1 month ago#3
Well, yes and no.

No in that you don't get dumped back into the game world after beating Seph, but yes in that you can always just load your save again after beating Seph (they don't let you save after Seph).
53 LIII 0b110101
p16 0x35

User Info: TomorrowDog

TomorrowDog
1 month ago#4
El_Nombre posted...
Nope, it's not like those type of games, and I think it suits FFVII's storyline not to be.

Agreed. I really don't like when these things are forced in for gameplay convenience. A well-made RPG gives you a big rush of emotion with the ending since it is the close of a 40 hour adventure. If you spit the player back out on the map in spite of everything in the ending and say "just keep playing!" you're really devaluing everything you built up.
ricochetfrisk.netlify.com
A .io style online artillery game with Worms-esque weapons I made.

DevsBro
1 month ago#5
TomorrowDog posted...
El_Nombre posted...

Agreed. I really don't like when these things are forced in for gameplay convenience. A well-made RPG gives you a big rush of emotion with the ending since it is the close of a 40 hour adventure. If you spit the player back out on the map in spite of everything in the ending and say "just keep playing!" you're really devaluing everything you built up.

Depending on the ending, it can work. I just hate when you have an uncontinuable ending and yet the game spits you back out right before the point of no return as if nothing even happened. It's surreal af and totally kills it for me.

If I want to reload my save after that, let me do it so it doesn't feel like the game just erased its own ending from canon.
53 LIII 0b110101
p16 0x35
(edited 1 month ago)
(message deleted)

User Info: flutie868

flutie868
1 month ago#7
Say you’re at the North cave and you don’t beat Sephiroth, than can you still leave the cave to the overworld?

User Info: Szymaa

Szymaa
1 month ago#8
flutie868 posted...
Say you’re at the North cave and you don’t beat Sephiroth, than can you still leave the cave to the overworld?

Correct.
~Bow chicka bow wow~
I survived ApocalyPS3 & ApocalyPS3 2: Among Thieves

DevsBro
1 month ago#9
flutie868 posted...

As long as you haven't passed the point of no return, which is pretty obvious. I don't remember the exact dialog but they make it pretty clear.
53 LIII 0b110101
p16 0x35
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: DynamixDJ

DynamixDJ
1 month ago#10
This is the exact screen and text:

https://i.imgtc.com/kAxqO6I.png
FFVII Walkthrough: http://www.neoseeker.com/final-fantasy-vii/faqs/1733032-dynamixdj.html
PasteBin Page: https://pastebin.com/u/DynamixDJ
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. Continue the game...