This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. Its really frustrating. This game sucks so much

User Info: Chariot_of_God

Chariot_of_God
1 month ago#51
blackhrt posted...
Whargarble posted...
I came in here ready for a fight. I'm disappointed.

Im wondering that if TC complained about one boss, how they haven't complained about the Battle Arena thats solo or when you run into Tornberry and end up solo because he keeps hitting people with Everyone's Grudge.

You can fight Master Tonberry without getting hit by a single Everyone’s Grudge. It makes the fight take longer, but is possible.

Every turn it has, it moves 2 directions, or uses knife (if close enough to your party); for each of its turns, you can attack it once. If you attack more than once on one of its turns, it will counter with Everyone’s Grudge.
PSN: OsCGunslinger - XBL: OsC Binary

User Info: blackhrt

blackhrt
1 month ago#52
Chariot_of_God posted...
blackhrt posted...
Whargarble posted...

Im wondering that if TC complained about one boss, how they haven't complained about the Battle Arena thats solo or when you run into Tornberry and end up solo because he keeps hitting people with Everyone's Grudge.

You can fight Master Tonberry without getting hit by a single Everyone’s Grudge. It makes the fight take longer, but is possible.

Every turn it has, it moves 2 directions, or uses knife (if close enough to your party); for each of its turns, you can attack it once. If you attack more than once on one of its turns, it will counter with Everyone’s Grudge.

ok but he still has the ability to take out party members leaving you with just one person. But Im still wondering how TC only has a problem with one solo circumstance when there are plenty of others that can be problematic.
"I live my life 3 videogames at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not my clan and their BS. For those 3 games or less, I'm free."

User Info: iwasapoetonce

iwasapoetonce
1 month ago#53
blackhrt posted...
ok but he still has the ability to take out party members leaving you with just one person. But Im still wondering how TC only has a problem with one solo circumstance when there are plenty of others that can be problematic.

Because it was the one fight that i saw the game over screen so many times... that is until this:

renegadeofunk posted...
There's a much easier way to beat him fairly consistently than grinding for OP stuff. If you only damage the arms a little bit (Bolt1 + All) then they only have a 1/128 chance to grab you. He'll probably never do Arm Grab and the rest of the fight is a cakewalk.
I need a bit of help lads with some rushes ya know like helix rush n tech spam, do you lot know anymore?/v316/samuraifaith/mad.jpg

blackhrt
1 month ago#54
Well we hope that you've prepared better now. The last areas of the game won't get easier. :P
"I live my life 3 videogames at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not my clan and their BS. For those 3 games or less, I'm free."

iwasapoetonce
4 weeks ago#55
blackhrt posted...
Well we hope that you've prepared better now. The last areas of the game won't get easier. :P

Thanks for the encouragement.

And in some ways you're right. The game won't get easier. BUT, at least most enemies don't have one hit kill attacks.
I need a bit of help lads with some rushes ya know like helix rush n tech spam, do you lot know anymore?/v316/samuraifaith/mad.jpg
(message deleted)

iwasapoetonce
6 days ago#57
Blackhrt,

What boards have you posted before. I feel I've seen you plenty of times in the past.

User Info: EPR-radar

EPR-radar
4 days ago#58
blackhrt posted...
Chariot_of_God posted...
blackhrt posted...
Whargarble posted...

Master Tonberries are completely harmless, even in a solo run. The knife attack is a death attack, so it can be completely nullified with safety bit, added effect -- death in armor slots or (better) with the enemy skill death force.
(edited 4 days ago)

blackhrt
3 days ago#59
if they were harmless they wouldn't be in the last dungeon.

User Info: EPR-radar

EPR-radar
17 hours ago#60
blackhrt posted...
if they were harmless they wouldn't be in the last dungeon.

To be more precise, Master Tonberries are harmless if you know how to deal with them.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. Its really frustrating. This game sucks so much