The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them

User Info: YoshiBro46

YoshiBro46
3 months ago#1
He's the best protagonist with an interesting story arc! I love it!!!!
Ryu Hayabusa for Smash.

User Info: Peter_19

Peter_19
3 months ago#2
Cloud is a sweetie.
...OR at least, that's what I think.
(message deleted)

Peter_19
3 months ago#4
One thing that I have always thought makes Cloud very special is the fact that he is forced to basically become a feminine and pretty cross-dresser and act "nicely" during the Wall Market part.
This bereaves him of a lot of his outer toughness and makes him appear innocent for a brief moment.

It's a lot like the part in FF6 when the cold general Celes needs to play the part as Maria at the Opera House;
it may just be an act, but it does paint her in a different light, just like an actor can play different characters and come off as completely different kinds of individuals.
It's the same thing with Celes and Cloud.

User Info: loseless

loseless
3 months ago#5
The difference was that I didn't feel dirty and required a long bath after the opera house scene with Celes, nor did I feel the need to play that part hidden from family and friends, for fear of anyone asking "why the copulation is that guy dressed in drag?!?!?"

Heck, if anything I think the scene didn't get more heat because one could barely distinguish the character models from bricks. Imagine the feces-storm a Tidus dressed in drag would have received from the gaming community...

User Info: Pazto

Pazto
3 months ago#6
Cloud is Perfect.
He can be your cool Bro & your cute GF.
Damn, I wish I had a Cloud in my life.
orz

User Info: GoukiAkujiki

GoukiAkujiki
3 months ago#7
“Cloud is Cloud.”

Peter_19
3 months ago#8
loseless posted...
The difference was that I didn't feel dirty and required a long bath after the opera house scene with Celes, nor did I feel the need to play that part hidden from family and friends, for fear of anyone asking "why the copulation is that guy dressed in drag?!?!?"

Heck, if anything I think the scene didn't get more heat because one could barely distinguish the character models from bricks. Imagine the feces-storm a Tidus dressed in drag would have received from the gaming community...

I think one reason why FF7 got away with the whole cross-dressing part was because it didn't feel forced - Cloud needed to cross-dress in order to be able to sneak into Don's mansion without starting a ruckus, so it wasn't just some random "let's have a cross-dresser in the game whose only purpose is to run around and try to promote cross-dressing" scenario.

Of course, you could also have a character that just happens to be a cross-dresser or a transgender or something like that, but in that case it shouldn't be a big deal - it should just be what that person is like.
They handled this pretty well with Flea in "Chrono Trigger", who is obviously transgender - the party reacted with surprise when she said that she was a man, which is a realistic reaction and totally justified (she does NOT look like a man), but then after that part she was one of Magus' companions, just like Ozzie and Slash.

User Info: El_Nombre

El_Nombre
3 months ago#9
Peter_19 posted...
Of course, you could also have a character that just happens to be a cross-dresser or a transgender or something like that, but in that case it shouldn't be a big deal - it should just be what that person is like.
They handled this pretty well with Flea in "Chrono Trigger", who is obviously transgender - the party reacted with surprise when she said that she was a man, which is a realistic reaction and totally justified (she does NOT look like a man), but then after that part she was one of Magus' companions, just like Ozzie and Slash.

Spoilers if you haven't played it, but FFV's Faris aswell
2014: Press X to pay respects
1997: Climhazzard Jenova-Life repeatedly to pay respects - namelesssomeone

Peter_19
3 months ago#10
El_Nombre posted...
Peter_19 posted...

Spoilers if you haven't played it, but FFV's Faris aswell

Yeah, although personally I always kinda knew that Faris was a girl.
It may have partly been the purple hair, but I did feel that her entire sprite design and personality had a distinct feminine quality to it.
  • Topic Archived