2 months ago #2
    OK, first things first, forget about TF's AI script or the Wiki AI script. TF did a fantastic job, however, he has simplified it for the layman, and missed out quite a lot simply because it wasn't needed. This works fine for the general user, but for the coder, it's a much better option to just dissect the raw AI script itself, which is what I have been doing.

The Mu is something else altogether, and is an example of an enemy with a couterpart named [No Name], of which there are about 8 of these No Named enemies. Off the top of my head, there is one for the Mu, Trickplay, Hammer Blaster's base, Magnade's right and left arm, The helicopter in the Rufus Battle, the Van in the Pamer battle, I think that's it.

These enemies are scripted to be non-targetable and main AI script disabled. When the Mu dies, it triggers the 4020-4024 vars for [No Name] to toggle, which makes it so the the battle will end without the need to kill the no name. The same thing happens for the warning board, Rufus or Sample:H0512; when you kill the main enemy, it toggles the same vars for its counterpart, so that the battle will end without killing all enemies.

You won't see those vars mentioned in TF's script, also, TF did not work out what all of the vars are, such as Vargid Police's [2020], which is looking to see what the Battle Type is (2 = Back Attack), or Sample:H0512's [2120], which is a check to see what the Element of the last performed action is.

Going back to the custom death animation, it's important to note that the animation we are referring to is not the flashing red animation, but rather, the white-fading animation that you see with Hammer Blaster and other enemies (I'm working my way through each enemy's AI, and so far I've just escaped Midgar, so I'm learning as I go along). I made a mistake earlier; the <Vanish> animation is actually used for things like the Ghost, or Hammer Blaster when it vanished then reappears into battle. The Action for the custom death animation is actually called <(Report)> (The "<>" indicate that the Attack name is invisible).

I'm guessing that when an enemy uses its default red-death animation, the animation chosen must be hard-coded into that enemy, like killing a boss and getting the extended red-shaking default animation, or, as Simon Drake has observed, killing a robotic enemy gives the red-breaking apart default animation (which is incredible news to me, I had never considered the regular death animation before).

Codemann mentioned something about the timings of the attacks. I'm pretty sure each attack has its own "Timing" flag, see this page:

http://web.archive.org/web/20171030164019/http://wiki.qhimm.com/view/FF7/Battle/Attack_Special_Effects

This notes the timing for the Special Effects used on certain attacks, I assume that a similar timing flag will be used for other attacks (such as KOTR so that the damage displayed correlates the visual animations of the knights performing their attacks).
    FFVII Walkthrough: http://www.neoseeker.com/final-fantasy-vii/faqs/1733032-dynamixdj.html
    PasteBin Page: https://pastebin.com/u/DynamixDJ

Previous Versions
    2 months ago
    OK, first things first, forget about TF's AI script or the Wiki AI script. TF did a fantastic job, however, he has simplified it for the layman, and missed out quite a lot simply because it wasn't needed. This works fine for the general user, but for the coder, it's a much better option to just dissect the raw AI script itself, which is what I have been doing.

The Mu is something else altogether, and is an example of an enemy with a couterpart named [No Name], of which there are about 8 of these No Named enemies. Off the top of my head, there is one for the Mu, Trickplay, Hammer Blaster's base, Magnade's right and left arm, The helicopter in the Rufus Battle, the Van in the Pamer battle, I think that's it.

These enemies are scripted to be non-targetable and main AI script disabled. When the Mu dies, it triggers the 4020-4024 vars for [No Name] to toggle, which makes it so the the battle will end without the need to kill the no name. The same thing happens for the warning board, Rufus or Sample:H0512; when you kill the main enemy, it toggles the same vars for its counterpart, so that the battle will end without killing all enemies.

You won't see those vars mentioned in TF's script, also, TF did not work out what all of the vars are, such as Vargid Police's [2020], which is looking to see what the Battle Type is (2 = Back Attack), or Sample:H0512's [2120], which is a check to see what the Element of the last performed action is.

Going back to the custom death animation, it's important to note that the animation that is not the flashing red animation, but rather, the white-fading animation that you see with Hammer Blaster. I made a mistake earlier, the <Vanish> animation is used for things like the Ghost, or Hammer Blaster when it vanished then reappears into battle. The Action for the custom death animation is actually called <(Report)> (The "<>" indicate that the Attack name is invisible).

I'm guessing that when an enemy uses its red-death animation, the animation chosen must be hard-coded into that enemy, like killing a boss and getting the extended red-shaking default animation, or, as Simon Drake has observed, killing a robotic enemy gives the red-breaking apart default animation (which is incredible news to me, I had never considered the regular death animation before).

Codemann mentioned something about the timings of the attacks. I'm pretty sure each attack has its own "Timing" flag, see this page:

http://web.archive.org/web/20171030164019/http://wiki.qhimm.com/view/FF7/Battle/Attack_Special_Effects

This notes the timing for the Special Effects used on certain attacks, I assume that a similar timing flag will be used for other attacks (such as KOTR so that the damage displayed correlates the the visual animations of the knights performing their attacks).