This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. Zack sat on the curb in the opening FMV?!?

User Info: Taterzz

Taterzz
2 months ago#11
there's baggy pants and boots, but that is pretty much 99% of the characters in the game. also, he/she is distinctly missing zack's s*** load of hair. that ain't him.
You just lost the game.

User Info: manmouse

manmouse
2 months ago#12
Taterzz posted...
there's baggy pants and boots, but that is pretty much 99% of the characters in the game. also, he/she is distinctly missing zack's s*** load of hair. that ain't him.

My thoughts exactly. The most identifiable traits are traits that Nomura applied to quite a few characters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b18HMqJW5A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt1-XWiMveY

User Info: rsnbau

rsnbau
2 months ago#13
You would also think that Aeris, of all people, would recognize him. It’s just a shadowy NPC in my books, but it is fun to imagine some sweet Easter egg that’s been hiding in the intro for years. Alas, it is not Zack.

User Info: Master_Pwner

Master_Pwner
2 months ago#14
Meh, probably just re-used textures models that happen to look like Cloud/Zack IMO
GLACIER FTW
Coq

User Info: TomorrowDog

TomorrowDog
2 months ago#15
So that means with the guy in the pipe there are two Zacks running around out there in Midgar. This rabbit hole goes deep.
sub.bitballoon.com
Some browser games in various stages of completion.

User Info: Pazto

Pazto
2 months ago#16
TomorrowDog posted...
So that means with the guy in the pipe there are two Zacks running around out there in Midgar. This rabbit hole goes deep.

wut?

User Info: BillyLester

BillyLester
2 months ago#17

Am I missing something here....or is the "this guy are sick" guy in the pipe actually meant to be Zack?

I was under the impression he was just another Sephiroth reunion follower guy?
Rise above the pressure in the eyes of my aggressor

User Info: shadow666

shadow666
2 months ago#18
BillyLester posted...
Am I missing something here....or is the "this guy are sick" guy in the pipe actually meant to be Zack?

I was under the impression he was just another Sephiroth reunion follower guy?

You're absolutely correct, but in years long past people would regularly pop up thinking that the pipe guy is Zack, occasionally expanding into stories of some cut sidequest or other purpose for him. It makes no sense, but since when has that stopped stupid rumors?
Nothing to see here.

User Info: simondrake

simondrake
2 months ago#19
Yeah, they're both Zack, he's sat on the curb feeling unwell then crawls off to live in the pipe. If you bring him the right medicine from one of the Elders at Cosmo Canyon he'll recover and give you a White Chocobo that lets you go under the marsh to fight Onyx Weapon.

(FYI: That's entirely BS but built from elements of commonly repeated BS rumours)
To strive, to seek, to find. And not to yield.

User Info: BillyLester

BillyLester
2 months ago#20
Ah great I can't wait to test it and get a White Chocobo thanks all
Rise above the pressure in the eyes of my aggressor
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. Zack sat on the curb in the opening FMV?!?