3 months ago #30
    ienzo105 posted...
    Why was FF7 the first game released on PS1 and they didn't release FF1-6 first? It would confuse newcomers such as myself who doesn't know where to start.

Usually the implication is that you've somewhat followed the series a little. Devs shouldn't have to rerelease everything in the event of minor mishaps.

Notably, though, several PS1 compilations were released that had FF1-6 on them. Granted, which were available in your region all depends. Some were released in some places, and others elsewhere. FFIII I think somehow managed to not get out of Japan
    See me on Discord! ^.^
    Eevee's Mystery Dungeon: https://discord.gg/fexbndS

Previous Versions
    3 months ago
    ienzo105 posted...
    Why was FF7 the first game released on PS1 and they didn't release FF1-6 first? It would confuse newcomers such as myself who doesn't know where to start.

Usually the implication is that you've somewhat followed the series a little. Devs shouldn't have to rerelease everything in the event of minor mishaps.

Notably, though, several PS1 compilations were released that had FF1-6 on them. Granted, which were available in your region all depends. Some were released in some places, and others elsewhere.