3 months ago #28
    Personally I think that FF4 would probably be the most "ideal" FF game to start with;
    partly because the gameplay is very simple, and also because it has a very traditional FF setting - castles, knights, white and black wizards, crystals, etc.
    It also plays the two most iconic themes in the series very early - "Prelude" is played immediately when you start the game, and "Main Theme" plays right after the pre-title scenario, which helps with establishing the Final Fantasy atmosphere.
    Also, pre-title scenarios were very common in the first FF games.
    They are kind of like the pre-title sequences in the James Bond movies - short storyline events that happen before the actual title sequence.
    ...OR at least, that's what I think.

Previous Versions
    3 months ago
    Personally I think that FF4 would probably be the most "ideal" FF game to start with;
    partly because the gameplay is very simple, and also because it has a very traditional FF setting - castles, knights, white and black wizards, crystals, etc.
    It also plays the two most iconic themes in the series very early - "Prelude" is played immediately when you start the game, and "Main Theme" starts right after the pre-title scenario.
    They are kind of like the pre-title sequences in the James Bond movies - short storyline events that happen before the actual title sequence.
    3 months ago
    It also plays the two most iconic themes in the series very early - "Prelude" is played immediately when you start the game, and "Main Theme" plays right after the pre-title scenario.