3 months ago #23
    Peter_19 posted...
    Calmlander posted...
    Eevee-Trainer posted...
    EgoKiller801 posted...
    I always love seeing love for this specific game.

Same. I always see a lot of hate but I loved it.

Me too, FFV is always fun to replay.

To me, FF5 is like a huge playground.
    It has lots of interesting stuff to find everywhere, and the Jobs are super-fun to mess around with.

I also always loved the 12 Legendary Weapons;
    that room with all the sealed weapons that you knew that you would be able to grab one day felt like Christmas presents that were waiting to be opened.

Totally agree about the playground feel. It’s just like, all the good parts of playing a Final Fantasy game are wrapped up in that experience.

Another big thing that doesn’t get mentioned enough is how the pacing is elegant and keeps a great rhythm. Compared to many of its peers, it hardly has anything I would consider a “dragging” segment. Upon replaying FF4 for example, I always dread that I’ll have to play for a while with Edward in my party and there’s nothing I can do to make that fun, or in many RPGs I’ll dread long dungeons that just commit you to a huge timesink without a reward that even feels justified.

But FF5 tends to keep the story moving forward, gives you enough control over your party that you should always feel like you’re able to play like you want, the whole sequence of events itself moves at a great pace starting with the elemental shrines and the towns associated, to the new map screen, to the OTHER new map screen, etc.

The more I play FF5, the more I noticed it’s just “composed” with such a great pacing and progression.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b18HMqJW5A
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt1-XWiMveY

Previous Versions
    3 months ago
    Peter_19 posted...
    Calmlander posted...
    Eevee-Trainer posted...
    EgoKiller801 posted...
    I always love seeing love for this specific game.

Same. I always see a lot of hate but I loved it.

Me too, FFV is always fun to replay.

To me, FF5 is like a huge playground.
    It has lots of interesting stuff to find everywhere, and the Jobs are super-fun to mess around with.

I also always loved the 12 Legendary Weapons;
    that room with all the sealed weapons that you knew that you would be able to grab one day felt like Christmas presents that were waiting to be opened.

Totally agree about the playground feel. It’s just like, all the good parts of playing a Final Fantasy game are wrapped up in that experience.

Another big thing that goes doesn’t get mentioned enough is how the pacing is elegant and keeps a great rhythm. Compared to many of its peers, it hardly has anything I would consider a “dragging” segment. Upon replaying FF4 for example, I always dread that I’ll have to play for a while with Edward in my party and there’s nothing I can do to make that fun, or in many RPGs I’ll dread long dungeons that just commit you to a huge timesink without a reward that even feels justified.

But FF5 tends to keep the story moving forward, gives you enough control over your party that you should always feel like you’re able to play like you want, the whole sequence of events itself moves at a great pace starting with the elemental shrines and the towns associated, to the new map screen, to the OTHER new map screen, etc.

The more I play FF5, the more I noticed it’s just “composed” with such a great pacing and progression.