This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. FF lady that annoyed you most?

User Info: Moogleaxelea13

Moogleaxelea13
2 months ago#1
FF lady that bugs you most, attitude wise?

There's one that bugs us all. I don't find all of these annoying, it's just who I've seen get the most dislikes for how they act.
The heart may be weak and may even give in, but I've learned that deep down there's a light that never goes out, kupo! Got it memorized?

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
2 months ago#2
Either Yuffie's dumb antics in VII, or Rikku's personality in X combined with being rather weak as a character.
See me on Discord! ^.^
Eevee's Mystery Dungeon: https://discord.gg/fexbndS

User Info: codemann8

codemann8
2 months ago#3
Yuffie and Rikku are basically the same character. They were designed to be the young, dumb, hot bombshells with childish antics that they are. So, being that that was the intention, I hardly mark then as being annoying. Now Yuna on the other hand, wasn't intentionally made to be annoying but was. It might've been due to voice acting and lack of facial graphics, but she seemed vacant and dry throughout the whole game despite supposing to be the "leader" of the pack.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: 5tarscream

5tarscream
2 months ago#4
Good job it says attitude because that Garnet can't concentrate s*** was super annoying

User Info: manmouse

manmouse
2 months ago#5
codemann8 posted...
Yuffie and Rikku are basically the same character. They were designed to be the young, dumb, hot bombshells with childish antics that they are.

I don’t see how Yuffie ended up with this diagnosis down the line.

In FF7 she’s more rude, cunning, kinda dopey but obviously able to outsmart the party a couple times, and is basically the only member of her dying culture who is putting up a political resistance against Shinra to try to preserve her history.
She’s actually one of the most admirable party members IMO. Like Avalanche she’s engaged in resistance against Shinra but whereas Avalanche used violence against hundreds of people she just robs warriors of their materia to bring wealth to her nation.

If anything, she reminds me of a less selfish Yamcha in the first Dragon Ball saga. A kinda ass-kicking independent bandit who makes a mess of things but has conviction.

The dumb anime trope of the air-headed baby-faced problematic fetish fuel cutesy sex doll is definitely a trope that infects a lot of Japanese media and shows up within the FF series (Rikku definitely has a lot of this in her) but I just don’t see it in Yuffie. For all the childish baby posing and baby-talk we see from Selphie and Rikku, Yuffie’s characterized as being more rude and outspoken without any sweet cute baby talk, and she shadowboxes and acts sickly and crude rather than displaying the babydoll body language of the anime cutesy trope girls.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b18HMqJW5A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt1-XWiMveY

User Info: Taterzz

Taterzz
2 months ago#6
lightning. acting like a b**** just to be a b**** is not the same as a strong, independent woman who don't need no man. this also applies to male characters, though it's typically found in the "rival" that every goddamn form of japanese media absolutely needs in absolutely everything.
You just lost the game.

User Info: EpsteinBarr

EpsteinBarr
2 months ago#7
Yuffie. While the other certainly are annoying (Selphie and Rikku notably), Yuffie took the extra step in backstabbing, robbing my party blind, and making me go through an inane pointless quest in Wutai. I remember the first time it happened, I knew from then on I was never going to like the girl. Now on my subsequent playthroughs, I actively either avoid the Wutai continent or avoid recruiting Yuffie altogether just for the sake of not going through that quest all over again. And then there is her dumb recruitment questions and nyuk nyuk... yeah, suffice to say, I’m not a big fan of her.

Taterzz posted...
lightning. acting like a b**** just to be a b**** is not the same as a strong, independent woman who don't need no man. this also applies to male characters, though it's typically found in the "rival" that every goddamn form of japanese media absolutely needs in absolutely everything.

Amen brother.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: DevsBro

DevsBro
2 months ago#8
Pretty close between Yuffie and Selphie tbh. Picked Selphie.
53 LIII 0b110101
p16 0x35

User Info: BreakevenCloud

BreakevenCloud
2 months ago#9
Yuffie. All those are pretty rough tho, except Relm. I actually really love her character.
Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

User Info: MC_BatCommander

MC_BatCommander
2 months ago#10
Lightning is a closed off b**** for like 80% of the game she stars in. Completely unlikable, just the constant "hurr I'm so darned emotionally closed off I'm super rude to everyone cause MY SISSTERRRRR" It's a shame too, her design is great and they got a good VA to play her... They just forgot to write a good character. That applies to all of XIII's cast really.
The Legend is True!
(edited 2 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. FF lady that annoyed you most?