This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. Anyone else kill... (SPOILERS)

User Info: NFITC1

NFITC1
4 weeks ago#11
Pazto posted...
Oh, so if you still didnt unlock the Omnislash, you unleash it anyway? Didnt know that!

That's correct. In actuality, that last Sephiroth only has, like, 30 HP or something silly like that. Even if you do something extremely dumb and bring a level 7 Cloud to that fight with the Buster sword and only do 11 damage (or whatever) the script is actually written to kill Sephi after he makes Cloud counter attack.
Happily married since May 31, 2003

User Info: rsnbau

rsnbau
4 weeks ago#12
NFITC1 posted...
Even if you do something extremely dumb and bring a level 7 Cloud to that fight with the Buster sword and only do 11 damage (or whatever) the script is actually written to kill Sephi after he makes Cloud counter attack.

Tee-hee!
That’s something I would definitely try, but I haven’t progressed my level 8 Cloud file past the destruction of Mideel (or even played that file in over a year). Maybe I’ll duplicate the file just to try this.
I remember using level 8 Omnislash on Ying/Yang, but I don’t remember how pitiful the damage was. I have a feeling that even at that low a level, Omnislash would probably kill Sephiroth without triggering the counter attack.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Don_Dondon

Don_Dondon
2 weeks ago#13
rsnbau posted...
NFITC1 posted...
Even if you do something extremely dumb and bring a level 7 Cloud to that fight with the Buster sword and only do 11 damage (or whatever) the script is actually written to kill Sephi after he makes Cloud counter attack.

Tee-hee!
That’s something I would definitely try, but I haven’t progressed my level 8 Cloud file past the destruction of Mideel (or even played that file in over a year). Maybe I’ll duplicate the file just to try this.
I remember using level 8 Omnislash on Ying/Yang, but I don’t remember how pitiful the damage was. I have a feeling that even at that low a level, Omnislash would probably kill Sephiroth without triggering the counter attack.

How could you get level 8 Cloud to Mideel? Wouldn’t he have leveled up more than that?
Official Gooey of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Board
#PLANTGANG

User Info: Whargarble

Whargarble
2 weeks ago#14
Dead characters don't level. Keep him dead at all times when he's not the only one in the party, and he'll stay low.
Welcome to Weebfaqs. Leave your opinions at the door.

User Info: Don_Dondon

Don_Dondon
1 week ago#15
Whargarble posted...
Dead characters don't level. Keep him dead at all times when he's not the only one in the party, and he'll stay low.

I thought of that after posting but I was still interested in hearing whether that was how it was done or not. Thanks
Official Gooey of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Board
#PLANTGANG

User Info: DynamixDJ

DynamixDJ
1 week ago#16
I've just recalled something about the final Sephiroth Battle. It's one of a few battles that makes use of the 'Special' Pre-Emptive Strike setup. This means that the battle is considered as a Pre-Emp with two differences - 1) the enemy is facing forwards, and 2) all actor's ATB gauge starts at a random value.

All it basically means is that the first physical attack will hit for double damage, as it would in a Pre-Emptive Strike.

The only other battles to make use of the setup flag are the Wutai Pagoda Battles - Gorkii, Shake, Chekhov, Staniv and Godo
FFVII Walkthrough: http://www.neoseeker.com/final-fantasy-vii/faqs/1733032-dynamixdj.html
PasteBin Page: https://pastebin.com/u/DynamixDJ
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. Anyone else kill... (SPOILERS)