This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. how good is this game compared to ff6

User Info: AmosMoses981

AmosMoses981
1 month ago#21
It's a matter of taste/mood. I just got through 3/4 of FFV. Good game but I recently started a new FFVII. My third time. Way back in the day I got almost to the end and my son's friend erased my save file (little b***ard). A few years later I managed to complete it beating all the optional bosses, enemy skills etc. I'm enjoying it as much now as the first time I played.

User Info: hories

hories
1 month ago#22
AmosMoses981 posted...
It's a matter of taste/mood. I just got through 3/4 of FFV. Good game but I recently started a new FFVII. My third time. Way back in the day I got almost to the end and my son's friend erased my save file (little b***ard). A few years later I managed to complete it beating all the optional bosses, enemy skills etc. I'm enjoying it as much now as the first time I played.

damm what a bastard did you beat him bro

User Info: TomorrowDog

TomorrowDog
1 month ago#23
Lots of people swear by FFVI but it just never really did much for me. On the one hand, it is the peak of classic Final Fantasy. On the other, I call it "classic" Final Fantasy because the design was somewhat cookie cutter and this was the sixth game where progress in many areas hadn't advanced much. The presentation was largely being recycled from game to game in those days, and it gives me a real "RPG Maker" vibe now. Like, take the system you built from before and plug in some slightly better assets. When you see what they accomplished with Chrono Trigger on the SNES a year later, I just don't feel like there was an excuse for VI to feel like such an incremental improvement.
sub.bitballoon.com
Some browser games in various stages of completion.

User Info: Calmlander

Calmlander
1 month ago#24
Both games are really good, saying this, my favourite of the SNES era is V.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuWkvyeAu0E

User Info: Lordkill

Lordkill
1 month ago#25
VII is legendary for a reason. No comparison.
I am the punishment of God.
If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.
Back in the late 90's 6 and 7 were my top faves with 7 being number 1. These days it's too difficult to choose out of FF's 4-10, even including Mystic Quest and Dirge of Cerberus (dodges thrown fruit and rocks).
Mutton, Fresh Mutton! FF Mystic Quest: the only game where TREES put you in Full Nelsons. Meow meow, Choco Chow. I'm with Vic.

Calmlander
1 month ago#27
xx_SaintBoot_xx posted...
These days it's too difficult to choose out of FF's 4-10

Have you tried FFIII? It's from 1990 but it's really user friendly, and more importantly, it's a great game, fun to play, with imo, the best final dungeon(s) of any FF to date. Chaos Rush has released a new and modern translation.

If you are bad at fighting even the random encounters can make Onion soup with the warriors, so you have to pay attention always.
(edited 1 month ago)
(message deleted)

Calmlander
1 month ago#29
I wasn't talking about the DS/PSP port. The original from the NES is superior to the port in every aspect except the graphics.
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. how good is this game compared to ff6