2 months ago #13
    diamond weapon posted...
    Kigalas posted...
    I must say, it’s nice to see honesty and a lack of fanboyism in this thread.

diamond weapon posted...
    Actually, if we're looking at objective metrics:
    -Tetris is the best-selling game of all time.
    -On just the SNES, FFVI is #11 based on sales, behind Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda, and Street Fighter.
    -Ocarina of Time takes first place in fan voting on Ranker.
    -Time's top 50 list actually does have FFVI higher than FFVI, but both fall lower than Oregon Trail.

Sales aren’t an objective metric of greatness, and what does Time magazine know about video games?

By all means then, please provide an objective way of defining something like "the best game ever". You can't really do such a thing. It's something that is inherently subjective, as each individual will have their own criteria as to what makes a game "great". I don't think that there is such a thing as the greatest game ever. That being said, there are definitely great games that every gamer should play*, and both FFVI and FFVII are definitely on that list.

*like Dwarf Fortress!

You’re right, there isn’t one. Glad you came to that conclusion after trying to state the exact opposite. No need to jump down my throat just because I told you about the egg on your face though.
    Playing: FFVII - Submarine sidequesting; DQV - Dragon Temple; Rock Band 4 - Expert Guitar lvl 42, 803/1899 played, 687 5+ stars
    Up next: FFX-2, DQVII