This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. Vote for Cloud in the final match :)

User Info: Kalta79

Kalta79
4 weeks ago#11
Cloud has as much personality as rocks? I agree.
Reno is my favorite FFVII character. If you don't like him, that's your problem, not mine.

User Info: Raiu

Raiu
4 weeks ago#12
Sephirothe posted...
What a surprise... Who would have thought it would be Cloud v Link for the final..... For the 80 millionth time.....

Third. Fourth if you count the "Battle Royale". Fifth if you count the "Best Game Ever" contest (which came down to FF7 vs Ocarina).
-Raiutaryuu-

User Info: crono12064

crono12064
4 weeks ago#13
cjtencounter posted...

True, in the end Cloud being in the finals actually looks more impressive to be honest. I mean, he appeared in ONE classic, HUGE game that people simply don't want to forget about....over 20 years ago at that.
Link just had ONE of his greatest moments in gaming with BotW with many even stating it surpasses OoT. Not to mention, how many games has Link been in now?

Cloud has actually been in several games, not just one. While he's been a cameo/side character in the majority of them, they still count.
When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? Too much sanity may be madness and maddest of all is to see life as it is and not as it should be.

User Info: cjtencounter

cjtencounter
4 weeks ago#14
crono12064 posted...
cjtencounter posted...

True, in the end Cloud being in the finals actually looks more impressive to be honest. I mean, he appeared in ONE classic, HUGE game that people simply don't want to forget about....over 20 years ago at that.
Link just had ONE of his greatest moments in gaming with BotW with many even stating it surpasses OoT. Not to mention, how many games has Link been in now?

Cloud has actually been in several games, not just one. While he's been a cameo/side character in the majority of them, they still count.

It's VERY difficult to compare that with Link being the star power of ALL his games. For me, Cloud was pretty much in one game - FFVII.

Not to mention, Link is the LONE hero of all his games. He has no supporting cast heroes with him. So Link even has a much more greater advantage in popularity right there as he doesn't have to compete with any other characters. He IS the star of the Zelda games. Period.

Cloud has Sephiroth, Zack, Tifa, Aerith, Vincent, you name it....
TOP 5 consoles: 1. PS1 | 2. PS2 | 3. NES | 4. Genesis | 5. PS3

User Info: mled

mled
4 weeks ago#15
BlockAddition posted...
mled posted...
Why do you people care about this?

you people?

What exactly are you implying with this?

I apologise, that came out wrong.

What I meant was: why do people care about this?

You know, cheap popularity contests that get nowhere. Most votes are fake, some people even create phantom accounts to inflate votes, and even if it was legit it would only take into account GameFAQs users.

It just seems rather pointless to me, but it seemed like a lot of people in this thread care intensively about it.
My Digital Art Website: http://digiartdigi.wix.com/artedigital

User Info: Brutulen

Brutulen
4 weeks ago#16
As boring as another Link vs Cloud showdown was, I'm glad it was them and not the main characters of Fortnite or some other brand new crap. At least it shows that the classics still have a huge following.

User Info: crono12064

crono12064
4 weeks ago#17
cjtencounter posted...
crono12064 posted...
cjtencounter posted...

It's VERY difficult to compare that with Link being the star power of ALL his games. For me, Cloud was pretty much in one game - FFVII.

Not to mention, Link is the LONE hero of all his games. He has no supporting cast heroes with him. So Link even has a much more greater advantage in popularity right there as he doesn't have to compete with any other characters. He IS the star of the Zelda games. Period.

Cloud has Sephiroth, Zack, Tifa, Aerith, Vincent, you name it....

I disagree. Cloud has also starred in a movie while Link hasn't (a terrible movie, but a movie nonetheless).

Still though, I do agree that Link has a better legacy. It's just a bit inaccurate to say Cloud has only been in one game though. Even if he hasn't starred in those games, he still gets exposure to people who have not played FFVII before (such as KH fans seeing Cloud for their first time with his cameos) and could prompt them to then try his game of origin.
When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? Too much sanity may be madness and maddest of all is to see life as it is and not as it should be.

User Info: GoukiAkujiki

GoukiAkujiki
4 weeks ago#18
Kalta79 posted...
Cloud has as much personality as rocks? I agree.

Interesting.

What is your evaluation of Link’s personality then?

User Info: Taterzz

Taterzz
4 weeks ago#19
GoukiAkujiki posted...
What is your evaluation of Link’s personality then?

boulders
You just lost the game.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. Vote for Cloud in the final match :)
  • Topic Archived