This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. Holy crap! Whaaat! Disc 2 (spoilers)

User Info: Noke0

Noke0
4 days ago#1
Just finished the sequence where Cloud finds himself. That was just amazing. Tifa freaking out going into the lifestream. Talking to his subconcious. I can't believe that he actually killed the real Sephiroth 5 years ago in Nibelheim. The music that starts up when he's going in to stab Sephiroth is cued perfectly, gave me goosebumps. Perfect music.

So that must mean. Jenova is Sephiroth. Sephiroth isn't controlling Jenova.

Man..I thought Disc 2 was gonna be less story. But they're giving me some good stuff. I'm happy. I can't wait to finish this game. Ive seen the last battle. That's all. Never seen any cutscenes from disc 2/3, so I'm very excited.

I'll keep posting from now on in this topic. Just in case I wanna run back here and share.
Currently Playing: Doom WADS, Quake Arena, Quake 2, Pokemon Gold, Mother 1, Mother 3, Solstice and many NES games
(edited 4 days ago)

Noke0
4 days ago#2
Oh and when he brings up "Scrapped Knees". Ties in to when he fell into the church!

Sephiroth freaking out thinking he was made the same way as those Monsters in the reactor. Now it's ironic, because now Jenova took over him... becoming the monster he wasn't to begin with that infuriated him.
Currently Playing: Doom WADS, Quake Arena, Quake 2, Pokemon Gold, Mother 1, Mother 3, Solstice and many NES games

User Info: Lord_Wombat

Lord_Wombat
4 days ago#3
I envy you so much right now...
Do you like polls?? We have new ones every day: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1475-always-making-polls
*Currently seeking poll makers and topic bumpers*

User Info: rsnbau

rsnbau
4 days ago#4
Lol. I love that this game still has the power to blow minds.

Noke0
4 days ago#5
Lord_Wombat posted...
I envy you so much right now...

rsnbau posted...
Lol. I love that this game still has the power to blow minds.

I appreciate that from both of you! It's really cool, even the subtle changes! For instance! Once you gain back Cloud and board the airship (when Cait Sith mentions the Huge Materia in/underwater Junon). If you go talk to Yuffie on the Airship, Cloud will show much compassion and help her with her motion sickness.

I get to see the real Cloud now and that was the first interaction I had once gaining control of him again.

I'm starting back up tonight. Going to hit up some places before Junon. Jegged FFVII has a very mobile friendly guide and let's me know the new potential available sidequests after certain events. I'm going in to do everything. I want my first time to be a long time.
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: Lord_Wombat

Lord_Wombat
4 days ago#6
Noke0 posted...
I'm starting back up tonight. Going to hit up some places before Junon. Jegged FFVII has a very mobile friendly guide and let's me know the new potential available sidequests after certain events. I'm going in to do everything. I want my first time to be a long time.

Nice, enjoy it :)

Minor spoilers: Barret and Cait Cith's ultimate weapons are easily missable, so I suggest looking them up if youre worried about that sort of thing.
Do you like polls?? We have new ones every day: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1475-always-making-polls
*Currently seeking poll makers and topic bumpers*

User Info: DynamixDJ

DynamixDJ
3 days ago#7
Lol. I know this game better than any game I've ever played, and I still got prickly hairs on my neck when my brother did a play through a few months back.

The Aeris date scene where she says she wants to meet the "real" Cloud, damn, the melancholy! Like you say TC, the music fits perfectly with a lot of scenes
FFVII Walkthrough: http://www.neoseeker.com/final-fantasy-vii/faqs/1733032-dynamixdj.html
PasteBin Page: https://pastebin.com/u/DynamixDJ

User Info: TomorrowDog

TomorrowDog
3 days ago#8
Noke0 posted...

This isn't the accepted answer (even if it were to have been originally intended, Sephiroth has garnered a huge fanbase with rather generic expectations that SE loves to fanservice to) but I do like to entertain the argument.

Cloud's plot twist is probably the best in the series. It took the amnesia cliche and did a ton with it. The mystery was the backbone to the plot, keeping the meandering road-trip story connected. Had a great pay-off, and tons of hints and easter eggs for players to catch.
sub.bitballoon.com
Some browser games in various stages of completion.

User Info: TitanOxide

TitanOxide
3 days ago#9
TomorrowDog posted...
Noke0 posted...

This isn't the accepted answer (even if it were to have been originally intended, Sephiroth has garnered a huge fanbase with rather generic expectations that SE loves to fanservice to) but I do like to entertain the argument.

Cloud's plot twist is probably the best in the series. It took the amnesia cliche and did a ton with it. The mystery was the backbone to the plot, keeping the meandering road-trip story connected. Had a great pay-off, and tons of hints and easter eggs for players to catch.

Like Fight Club, going back and re experiencing the story with the new information... Seeing all the clues and understanding the different characters relationships better.
Where's the irony button when you need it.....

User Info: magikid

magikid
3 days ago#10
TomorrowDog posted...

It does help that it wasn't the usual "who am I?" boring amnesia. He remembers stuff, just remembers it wrong and it's spotty in places.
MagiKid - Soup Spoon
A pro isn't someone who sacrifices himself for his job. That's just a fool. - Reno. Final Fantasy VII
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. Holy crap! Whaaat! Disc 2 (spoilers)