This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You know what would make this game more fun?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. You know what would make this game more fun?

User Info: Alltra

Alltra
6 months ago#1
I'm replaying it at the moment, and there's a bunch of stuff that I think would make it more fun.

-NG+ Every game needs this, it's pretty much the best feature ever conceived in gaming. Why it never became standard us beyond me.

-Some form of Storage for Materia.

-An in game Bestiary, something that acts like a "fill in the blanks" kind of thing that the player can progressively complete as they play.
The meaning of life is to suffer and be miserable.
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.

User Info: BlockAddition

BlockAddition
6 months ago#2
Alltra posted...
NG+

Meh. I spent probably 1 hour with Chrono Trigger on NG+. I rather just start a new game if I want to play again

Alltra posted...
-Some form of Storage for Materia.

Why? Have you ever reached the limit? It's not like even a full materia list makes it difficult to find what you want

Alltra posted...
-An in game Bestiary, something that acts like a "fill in the blanks" kind of thing that the player can progressively complete as they play.

If there were rare enemies sure, but hunting them down just to add them to an "index" of sorts opens up a whole new jar of bees. Few people would spend the time finding something rare unless it did or rewarded you with something significant
hi

Alltra
6 months ago#3
I for one would find replaying the game a hell of a lot more fun if all my "work" grinding carried over into replays. Plus, it alleviates the issues with missable content.

Yes, pretty much every time I've played it. The cap is pretty f***ing low honestly.

It's not meant to be rewarding. It's a reference tool that also incorporates game play so it's more interactive.

User Info: BreakevenCloud

BreakevenCloud
6 months ago#4
I could get onboard with the bestiary for fun. NG+ was never for me, though. I’m not a completionist and steam rolling through the game with OP equips is pointless to me. That said, it doesn’t bother me when the option is there because I know some people do enjoy all that.
Caveat emptor

User Info: Szymaa

Szymaa
6 months ago#5
I might enjoy a NG+ if it was more akin to a Challenge Mode.

Dropping KoTR on the poor Guard Scorpion doesn't sound like my idea of fun, but if it were a tuned up version that might be interesting.
~Bow chicka bow wow~
I survived ApocalyPS3 & ApocalyPS3 2: Among Thieves

Alltra
6 months ago#6
So don't. That's the beauty of NG+, you have options.

NG+ also allows you to enjoy the story more because you don't have to worry about extraneous stuff.
(message deleted)
(message deleted)

User Info: ShizuruKuwabara

ShizuruKuwabara
6 months ago#9
uh...

Alltra
6 months ago#10
You can open yours as wide as you like, mine's still too big to fit.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. You know what would make this game more fun?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived