This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. What a joke of a game

User Info: David01132

David01132
9 years ago#1
I got to the northern crater then made my save point close to the entrance because i figured it wasnt a big deal and there would be more save points later. So I continue to play for assuming there will be additional save points (and it would seem to me like any reasonable person would also assume that). Two hours since I entered the crater, I LOSE to Sephiroth and get sent back to my initial save. WHAT THE *#(@_ ! Its going to be a MONTH before I pick up this *#%(* game again

User Info: EternalBeoulve

EternalBeoulve
9 years ago#2
So, you enjoyed the game up until the point of where you lost? That's life, it happens, no reason to hate this great game.
Tifa Lockhart is perfect. She has personality, looks, and the goods...

User Info: Jukain

Jukain
9 years ago#3
What a joke of a topic.
I'm a girl, damn it! I wanna do girly things! Like fix up someone's hair and get phone calls expressing romantic sentiments!

David01132
9 years ago#4
Im complaining about how this part of the game lacks save points. But that's irrelevant since save points are a stupid concept anyway. Most ps2 games wouldn't use save points if the memory cards weren't so limited.

I expected to fight Sephiroth in the northern crater but I also expected to be able to save the game a reasonable amount of time before I fought him. I spent an hour grinding and then an hour going through the crater. And then BAM; Sephiroth appears- twice. No save point. What a waist of time. And writing this post is a waste of my time. Never again.

User Info: Jukain

Jukain
9 years ago#5
So you're blaming the game because YOU put the lone save point at the beginning of the area.

Wonderful logic you've got there. I'm envious.
I'm a girl, damn it! I wanna do girly things! Like fix up someone's hair and get phone calls expressing romantic sentiments!

EternalBeoulve
9 years ago#6
^ First of all, if you expected to save before, than that's your own problem. Second of all, if you grinded for an hour, than why not save? You never know what lies ahead, and so you shouldn't assume a save point will just be there. Third, if writing that post was a "waist" (waste) of time, than why write it?

David01132
9 years ago#7
Listen, I lost focus. I forgot that there are more important things than final fantasy.

EternalBeoulve
9 years ago#8
More important than Final Fantasy? More important than Final Fantasy! How dare you say such a thing!

/sarcasm.

User Info: RPGfankid

RPGfankid
9 years ago#9
Even if I had made the assumption that there would be ways to make more save points I still wouldn't have made the brainless idea to make one right next to where I came in, since I can simply get back on the ship and save there. I've got it! They should have made checkpoints! As if FF VII wasn't easy enough it wants us to use some brain power! This is a classic case of how much games have catered to gamers' abilities (or inabilities) to play. They don't even try anymore. CRANKY KONG! TAKE IT AWAY!

"Back in my day, we used to have REAL gameplay... We didn't have any of this fancy 3D stuff!"
"Yep! Don't make game players like they used to!"
"I've got more gameplay in my little finger than this entire game does!"

Heh. Gotta love that old fart.

User Info: _locke__cole_

_locke__cole_
9 years ago#10
I put mine in the room with the movers and magic pots right near the point where you jump down on a particular game run I was doing, and the damn game glitched to the point where it wouldn't open my menu anymore, and the game would freeze every time i tried. I ended up having to load a game that was like 20 levels under, with NO gold chocobo. Irritating. Also, the default save location is always the first slot. I had forgotten this one day after starting a new game, and overwrote my uber-leveled party. Still a good game though, that was my mistake, however, the glitch was NOT.
"Wow! Look at those bazooms!" - Claude Kenni
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. What a joke of a game
  • Topic Archived