This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. Board FAQ: An answer to the most asked questions.

User Info: incubdemon

incubdemon
2 years ago#291
Love all the nerds hating on the first page by the OP.

It was 9 years ago people.....remakes happen, things change.

Accept the remake with Tomb Raider elements and a terrible battle system....its going to be okay

User Info: SnowIsZell

SnowIsZell
2 years ago#292
Mike3048 posted...
Your still one of the greatest gamers ever Steve. I've read many of your guides. Always proved useful. Thank you.

I have to agree
The curious thing about the curious squid is there curiosity and yet the can't make a connection

User Info: StoryGamer88

StoryGamer88
2 years ago#293
I'm not that experienced with the game but have beaten it and am replaying at the moment. I got curious about this so I decided to ask for opinions? For spells, I think the top spells ranked are (will try to add MP costs later):

1) Ultima (hits all enemies once for high damage)
2) Comet2 (hits all enemies multiple times, outdamages Ultima on single enemies but otherwise weaker)
3) Comet1 (single hit version)
4) Contain (Not sure where this ranks but I believe its attacks are roughly on par with things like Bolt3, Quake 3, etc?)
5) Spell3 like bolt3, ice3, etc

Q1) Is this relatively accurate?

I exclude things like Demi/Gravity, Bio/Poison, and Destruct/Instant Death because its harder to quantify these.

Q2) How do enemy skills like Aqualung, Magic Breath, Pandora's Box, etc rank into the above?

Q3) How does Bahamut Zero, Odin, Hades, Phoenix, and other summons rank into the above?

Q4) How does things like 2x cut, etc rank into the above? (albeit this may be the hardest since its physical vs magic)

User Info: McSwordy

McSwordy
2 years ago#294
StoryGamer88 posted...
I'm not that experienced with the game but have beaten it and am replaying at the moment. I got curious about this so I decided to ask for opinions? For spells, I think the top spells ranked are (will try to add MP costs later):

1) Ultima (hits all enemies once for high damage)
2) Comet2 (hits all enemies multiple times, outdamages Ultima on single enemies but otherwise weaker)
3) Comet1 (single hit version)
4) Contain (Not sure where this ranks but I believe its attacks are roughly on par with things like Bolt3, Quake 3, etc?)
5) Spell3 like bolt3, ice3, etc

Q1) Is this relatively accurate?

I exclude things like Demi/Gravity, Bio/Poison, and Destruct/Instant Death because its harder to quantify these.

Q2) How do enemy skills like Aqualung, Magic Breath, Pandora's Box, etc rank into the above?

Q3) How does Bahamut Zero, Odin, Hades, Phoenix, and other summons rank into the above?

Q4) How does things like 2x cut, etc rank into the above? (albeit this may be the hardest since its physical vs magic)

Hi there! If I were you I would post this as a topic on the actual board. You will get a lot of definitive answers :)

User Info: StoryGamer88

StoryGamer88
2 years ago#295
Is there a listing of which Limit Breaks have the most hits? Wanted to know for Lucky 7777 spam at a lower level.
Switch Wants:Zelda BotW, Mario Odyssey, Skyrim SE (?), Xenoblade2, Stardew Valley
Maybes:Yooka Laylee, Minecraft, LEGO City Undercover, Pokemon, SSB, Splatoon2

User Info: mled

mled
2 years ago#296
StoryGamer88 posted...
Is there a listing of which Limit Breaks have the most hits? Wanted to know for Lucky 7777 spam at a lower level.

Yes, there is a listing, I'm looking at it right now, the only reason I'm not telling you which ones have the most hit is because you're lazy af.

Here's a hint, research the OP of this topic.
Check out my Digital Art website:
http://digiartdigi.wix.com/artedigital

User Info: Katsutomai

Katsutomai
2 years ago#297
Huh.. This thread has been quite informative! Thank you for all the info here. :D
"I would have sacrificed anything, including my life itself, for the peaceful repose of Alys' soul!"Chaz, PSIV

User Info: gwwak

gwwak
2 years ago#298
Tag
Hardcore - We'll probably be modded for this...
Come visit The Range http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1003-

User Info: Ogreatgames

Ogreatgames
2 years ago#299
Wow this is amazing. Very informative and helpful tips. It's like a walkthrough summary.
Hey check out http://www.ogreatgames.com for great video games & more!

User Info: solidraidens

solidraidens
2 years ago#300
Just came back on here and noticed this is my oldest message. Sorry for what I wrote two years ago Steve man. Didn't expect people to just quote and post either, haha.
Hmph!
That's not the end of me!
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. Board FAQ: An answer to the most asked questions.