This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. Board FAQ: An answer to the most asked questions.

User Info: Pyroflame2

Pyroflame2
3 years ago#281
No one needs to eat any words. Square's position for, well, god knows how long, was no remakes and no sequels. This was gospel. And then X-2 came out all those years ago, and the sacrosanct nature of that statement went out the window. Followed by IV-2, XIII-2, etc. As to remakes, I think III had the first "true" remake (versus a re-release, e.g. Chronicles/Anthology for PS1.) pretty much re-negging on that ole' statement of theirs.

So, we were duped, piece by piece.

And in some way, having been a firm believer of the no remakes/no sequels idea, it's okay.

It's okay.

It'll be nice revisiting one of the worlds that helped make JRPGs the most important genre in gaming for my own experiences.

As for a new FAQ, can't wait. Yours was gospel for so many years, Steve.
---If it looks like an exploit, and it feels like an exploit, use it.---

User Info: Beradax

Beradax
3 years ago#282
This may or may not have been asked already but I'm hoping it's not a dupe so I can actually track this to get an answer (hoping like crazy).

With the save files section of the page for FF7, are these saves able to used on PC? I'm playing on steam and have DL'd a few saves because I've NEVER been able to take out Ruby or Emerald, breed a Gold Chocobo, or get KotR. I saw a save on there about having a gold Choco and wanted that one. Honestly I only need a save that will allow me to take out Ruby and Emerald...and possibly start with best gear and a Gold Choco so I can get KotR.

User Info: GoukiAkujiki

GoukiAkujiki
3 years ago#283
Beradax posted...
This may or may not have been asked already but I'm hoping it's not a dupe so I can actually track this to get an answer (hoping like crazy).

With the save files section of the page for FF7, are these saves able to used on PC? I'm playing on steam and have DL'd a few saves because I've NEVER been able to take out Ruby or Emerald, breed a Gold Chocobo, or get KotR. I saw a save on there about having a gold Choco and wanted that one. Honestly I only need a save that will allow me to take out Ruby and Emerald...and possibly start with best gear and a Gold Choco so I can get KotR.

You've crossed far beyond the realms of pathetic. Seriously just play damn game yourself, like you're supposed to.
(message deleted)

User Info: Beradax

Beradax
3 years ago#285
The options of these save files wouldn't be there if they weren't meant to be used. You're opinion of how someone "should" play a game is irreverent. You don't/can't answer what the post is about so you shouldn't have posted on it in the first place. Furthermore this is no different than using a game shark back in the PS1 days so you can take your quite childish insult and your opinion of how YOU think someone should play a game and fade away. Till such time as you starting buying my games for me, you have absolutely NO right to tell me how to play MY games. I paid for them, I'll play them however I choose. Fade away little boy
Peel away the facade of my reality and reveal the insanity within

User Info: BobbyBrownLove

BobbyBrownLove
3 years ago#286
solidraidens posted...
AbsoluteSteve posted...
0. Will there be a remake of Final Fantasy 7?
Answer: No. There won't be. Or to make this clear, Square-Enix has said that it would take about 300 people and 5 years (or so) to create a remake, and that they weren't interested in doing it. Petitions generally don't work. It's likely not going to happen, at least not within the next decade. Perhaps when we hit 2077, who knows. Classics often don't really need a remake, in my opinion.

Time to eat your words Steve.

User Info: ComaAlpha15

ComaAlpha15
3 years ago#287
Beradax posted...
The options of these save files wouldn't be there if they weren't meant to be used. You're opinion of how someone "should" play a game is irreverent. You don't/can't answer what the post is about so you shouldn't have posted on it in the first place. Furthermore this is no different than using a game shark back in the PS1 days so you can take your quite childish insult and your opinion of how YOU think someone should play a game and fade away. Till such time as you starting buying my games for me, you have absolutely NO right to tell me how to play MY games. I paid for them, I'll play them however I choose. Fade away little boy

He's right though. That is a pathetic excuse for that request. Breed a gold chocobo yourself. Level up and master materia yourself. Learn how to beat Emerald and Ruby yourself. Play the game and don't cheat yourself out of a really fun game.

But something I think that should be added to the initial faq, what are the max stats each character can have? Will Yuffie's vitality not go past 252?
....this isn't me, I'm not mechanical

User Info: Mike3048

Mike3048
3 years ago#288
solidraidens posted...
AbsoluteSteve posted...
0. Will there be a remake of Final Fantasy 7?
Answer: No. There won't be. Or to make this clear, Square-Enix has said that it would take about 300 people and 5 years (or so) to create a remake, and that they weren't interested in doing it. Petitions generally don't work. It's likely not going to happen, at least not within the next decade. Perhaps when we hit 2077, who knows. Classics often don't really need a remake, in my opinion.

Time to eat your words Steve.
There's no price tag on a piece of mind.
(message deleted)

User Info: Mike3048

Mike3048
3 years ago#290
Your still one of the greatest gamers ever Steve. I've read many of your guides. Always proved useful. Thank you.
There's no price tag on a piece of mind.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. Board FAQ: An answer to the most asked questions.