This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. Board FAQ: An answer to the most asked questions.

User Info: solidraidens

solidraidens
3 years ago#271
AbsoluteSteve posted...
0. Will there be a remake of Final Fantasy 7?
Answer: No. There won't be. Or to make this clear, Square-Enix has said that it would take about 300 people and 5 years (or so) to create a remake, and that they weren't interested in doing it. Petitions generally don't work. It's likely not going to happen, at least not within the next decade. Perhaps when we hit 2077, who knows. Classics often don't really need a remake, in my opinion.

Time to eat your words Steve.
PSN Trophy List - http://psnprofiles.com/solidraiden343
Currently working on - Metal Gear Solid 4 Platinum

User Info: MudoraSD

MudoraSD
3 years ago#272
I have a question...and it seems fitting to post here since this is a stickied topic. Considering that I have barely played beyond where the game takes you through a tutorial, I guess you can still consider me a first time player.

However, in the near future, I plan to pick this game up and go through it entirely. Now that there appears to be remake in the works, I will have a decision to make...

Assuming that the remake is out when I decide to play, and it turns out to be great, would you all recommend playing the remake or should I stick to the original for my first playthrough?

User Info: MrMuta

MrMuta
3 years ago#273
Original first, definitely. We still don't even know what constitutes "remake" in Square-Enix's eyes. It could be a scene for scene, shot for shot, remake. Or it could be more of a film style remake, where the core characters and story are there, but everything around is adjustable. So it could be like playing two completely different games.

I would definitely recommend playing the original first.
I love it so much when SE proved everyone included you WRONG! XDDD
-- I apologies for my second language heh! --
-- Sometime I wish to wake up in the hentai JRPG world --

User Info: LiquidCsOH

LiquidCsOH
3 years ago#275
solidraidens posted...
AbsoluteSteve posted...
Answer: No. There won't be. Or to make this clear, Square-Enix has said that it would take about 300 people and 5 years (or so) to create a remake, and that they weren't interested in doing it. Petitions generally don't work. It's likely not going to happen, at least not within the next decade. Perhaps when we hit 2077, who knows. Classics often don't really need a remake, in my opinion.

lol nice. But be nice to steve. he has one of the most comprehensive FAQ's ever designed

The best one IMO is Per's fallout 2 guide
MMORPGs are stupid

User Info: AbsoluteSteve

AbsoluteSteve
3 years ago#276
I typed those words eight years ago, and of course, the remake isn't done yet, so we're going to be looking at a decade at least between that statement and the factual release of the remake. But indeed, I was wrong in the extent that I sarcastically overstated "when" it was going to happen, and said in '77.

Truth is, I did think they were going to cave in to the demand at some point, but I did also think that it'd make no sense whatsoever to do it before graphical/technological improvements had reached a point where graphically speaking nearly nothing could be improved (hence I said, "not within a decade"). Otherwise, had they listened to fans sooner and remade the game earlier, and released in in 2009 or so, we would now have had a remake with ugly graphics already, which would be an eternal shame. Or maybe it'll be an eternal shame anyway if they take out ATB and make it an action RPG. Who knows - gonna have to wait and see. At least the story remains - plus eco-terrorism and crossdressing, and both are worth something in the current lame duck gaming era.
www.facebook.com/absolutesteve
(edited 3 years ago)

User Info: McSwordy

McSwordy
3 years ago#277
AbsoluteSteve posted...
I typed those words eight years ago, and of course, the remake isn't done yet, so we're going to be looking at a decade at least between that statement and the factual release of the remake. But indeed, I was wrong in the extent that I sarcastically overstated "when" it was going to happen, and said in '77.

Truth is, I did think they were going to cave in to the demand at some point, but I did also think that it'd make no sense whatsoever to do it before graphical/technological improvements had reached a point where graphically speaking nearly nothing could be improved (hence I said, "not within a decade"). Otherwise, had they listened to fans sooner and remade the game earlier, and released in in 2009 or so, we would now have had a remake with ugly graphics already, which would be an eternal shame. Or maybe it'll be an eternal shame anyway if they take out ATB and make it an action RPG. Who knows - gonna have to wait and see. At least the story remains - plus eco-terrorism and crossdressing, and both are worth something in the current lame duck gaming era.

So, can we expect another amazing, perfect guide from you when the re drops, Steve? Or is that dependant on the quality of the remake?

User Info: AbsoluteSteve

AbsoluteSteve
3 years ago#278
McSwordy posted...

So, can we expect another amazing, perfect guide from you when the re drops, Steve? Or is that dependant on the quality of the remake?

Depends. If I can get an opportunity to work on the OSG like I did for FF13, then I would prefer that. But yes, otherwise I will be writing a 100% guide of my own for the Remake (even if it'll suck - and no ATB seems to point towards Nomura going that direction). Either way I'll be involved.
www.facebook.com/absolutesteve

User Info: Brian1337

Brian1337
3 years ago#279
Great info
Xbox GT - Sticky Pwnz ( Hunter 34 // Warlock 32 // Titan 33 )
http://i.imgur.com/mKuZQB7.jpg - Thug Life

User Info: Meatboy420

Meatboy420
3 years ago#280
solidraidens posted...
AbsoluteSteve posted...

this
This is my siiiiiiiig
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. Board FAQ: An answer to the most asked questions.