• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Tactics
  3. Dark Whisper---weak?

User Info: Taterzz

Taterzz
1 month ago#11
magikid posted...
"This move that hits hard enough to oneshot the final boss? Get this weak crap off my table."

that final stage is pretty even spaced though, there's only a few single tile panels that aren't of equal height.
You just lost the game.

User Info: Bebop

Bebop
1 month ago#12
"This move that hits hard enough to oneshot the final boss?

Only with Good Compat, and the cooperation of RNJebus.

Get this weak crap off my table."

That's my point (har!)

What situation are you expecting, exactly, where that isn't enough damage?

The original purpose of this topic was to directly compare the maximum possible base damage of Dark Whisper to the maximum possible base damage of... well... more damaging things.

It was not originally intended to discuss the practicality of Dark Whisper, but I of course don't mind if you continue, for the sake of those that don't already know the ins and outs of it.

User Info: Stuflames

Stuflames
1 month ago#13
The original purpose of this topic was to directly compare the maximum possible base damage of Dark Whisper to the maximum possible base damage of... well... more damaging things.

Yes, well, we'll find that there aren't all that many more damaging things.

Bebop
1 month ago#14
Stuflames posted...
Yes, well, we'll find that there aren't all that many more damaging things.

All of Rafalak's moves and Reis's Holy Breath. It was in the first post.

User Info: Ilishe

Ilishe
1 month ago#15
Rafalak don't do more damage. Their abilities are too random and vertical f***s with them too much. They also require a certain level of Faith.

And you didn't even factor in the special Tiamat, which has slightly higher stats than the normal maximum.
~Phoenix Nine~
~Victory needs no explanation; defeat allows none.~

User Info: Taterzz

Taterzz
1 month ago#16
Ilishe posted...
Rafalak don't do more damage.

i don't think it was ever about if randomness was in your favor, more of a theoretical max damage possible situation. the one time the crap is polished is when all the stars align in your favor.
You just lost the game.

Ilishe
1 month ago#17
Theoretical max damage can still swing in DW's favor though. You find a good Zodiac compat enemy with a weakness to Dark.

Also has six chances to sleep or kill outright...
~Phoenix Nine~

Bebop
1 month ago#18
Ilishe posted...
They also require a certain level of Faith.

Rafa's Truth skill does not involve Faith, actually.
Ilishe posted...
And you didn't even factor in the special Tiamat, which has slightly higher stats than the normal maximum.

Is this a real thing? Source please?
Ilishe posted...
Theoretical max damage can still swing in DW's favor though. You find a good Zodiac compat enemy with a weakness to Dark.

I don't believe anything in Final Fantasy Tactics is weak to Dark.

With Good Compat, Dark Whisper maxes at 562 (according to my possibly wrong math) times 6.

With Neutral Compat, the stronger Truth skills hit the cap at 999 times 6, and Malak can as well, provided he can locate an enemy with sufficiently sucky Faith.

User Info: meanspirit90

meanspirit90
1 month ago#19
Or marrach or malak or whatever his real name is, you can use faith rod on malak and cast faith on target for absolutely insane damage.
Thirst of knowledge is a dangerous thing. Just go back to your beer

Ilishe
1 month ago#20
There is a special monster of every kind, according to Kantolin. It has 70 Brave and Faith and has slightly higher stats than the norm.

These are super rare.
~Phoenix Nine~
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Tactics
  3. Dark Whisper---weak?
  • Topic Archived